Tampa,FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi guys, newbie here. We recent got an inground saltwater pool with spa built. It’s about 12K gallons. Pentair equipments (EasyTouch, Intellichlor, and Pentair UltraTemp heat pump). We have been using the pool for the past 3 weeks without any issues. The heat pump heats up the pool perfectly fine to the set point. This weekend we tried to use the spa for the first time and noticed that the heat pump will heat the spa to the temp that the pool temp is set to but never to 104 degrees which is the spa set point. I changed the pool temp to 86 degrees and the pool heated up fine then I switched to spa mode and heat pump turned on and heated the spa to 86 degrees and turned off. On the heat pump itself it also says “heating pool” instead of heating spa when in spa mode. When I flip through the menu on the heat pump it says spa mode idle. Any idea?

Welcome to TFP.

It is not clear to me if you are changing stuff on your EasyTouch control panel or the UltraTemp control panel.

We need to know how the UltraTemp is connected to the EasyTouch.

Make a warranty claim with your Pool Builder and let him show you how your equipment is setup and should be operated.

Sounds like the ultratemp is setup via fireman's switch to the easytouch (simple on off control). The ultratemp in this mode has no way to know that you switched from pool to spa. Setup this way the ultratemp needs to be set for a max temp of 104 in pool mode. The easy touch , using its temp probe, will close the fireman's switch to allow the ultratemp to turn on until it reaches 86 in pool mode/104 on spa mode. When it's temp probe reads the desired temperature it will open the fireman's switch turning off the ultratemp.

Hi guys, newbie here. We recent got an inground saltwater pool with spa built. It’s about 12K gallons. Pentair equipments (EasyTouch, Intellichlor, and Pentair UltraTemp heat pump). We have been using the pool for the past 3 weeks without any issues. The heat pump heats up the pool perfectly fine to the set point. This weekend we tried to use the spa for the first time and noticed that the heat pump will heat the spa to the temp that the pool temp is set to but never to 104 degrees which is the spa set point. I changed the pool temp to 86 degrees and the pool heated up fine then I switched to spa mode and heat pump turned on and heated the spa to 86 degrees and turned off. On the heat pump itself it also says “heating pool” instead of heating spa when in spa mode. When I flip through the menu on the heat pump it says spa mode idle. Any idea?
Set the heat pump to 104. If it isn't, it doesn't matter what the automation calls for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.