Help with Pebble Sheen Finish

Trish454

Mar 14, 2021
Houston, TX
Can anyone tell me if there is any noticeable difference in the Pebble Sheen finishes that incorporate Shimmering Sea, and those without? I am going between Pebble Sheen Prism Blue and Blue Surf. I am drawn to Prism Blue, but is it worth the extra cost for the additive? I have never been pleased with our original finish and want to make a choice I will be happy with for many years. Thanks.

Our neighbor used a pebble sheen finish without shimmering sea. We just completed our build with Ocean Blue including shimmering sea. When the sun hits it, it’s really amazing. Our neighbors told us they are jealous of the “vibrant sparkle.”

Attachments

• 5E9EB474-6009-4122-9860-D44097AFECF6.png
    5E9EB474-6009-4122-9860-D44097AFECF6.png
    620.2 KB · Views: 319
Reactions: Justin56
Thanks for the compliment. We spent a lot of time trying to plan our backyard out. My wife says I have pool OCD.

We just finished our plastering last week and have been fighting nasty rain the last couple days. Should see some sun again tomorrow. I will take pics at different times of day and post them. Here’s some late morning shots and a nightime shot. I’m afraid the photo resolution doesn’t do the shimmer full justice. It’s incredibly noticeable. I have several freinds/neighbors who love it already.

Attachments

• 28CD91EB-ABAC-4E80-8624-E8ED4DC88B13.png
    28CD91EB-ABAC-4E80-8624-E8ED4DC88B13.png
    565.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 11913FF4-1BB7-440C-99C7-FE5A53F14F31.png
    11913FF4-1BB7-440C-99C7-FE5A53F14F31.png
    584.7 KB · Views: 304
  • DAA25E44-B8B3-425E-A422-BA511C91FCCF.png
    DAA25E44-B8B3-425E-A422-BA511C91FCCF.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 299
I think it’s really difficult to catch the sparkle on camera. I was trying in ours with our glass beads and it just didn’t show up. It really needs to be seen in person.

We had our pool resurfaced a couple years ago and went with pebble tech. Everyone who sees the pool comments on the beautiful look. Hopefully won't have to resurface again for a long time but if I did, I'd do the same thing again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi there! We have prism blue and I love the sparkles in the sunlight, subtle but so beautiful. We didn’t have to pay extra for the abalone as it’s already in the mix and our builder didn’t charge any extra for that color. Here are some water pics. Cameras just don’t seem to pick up the sparkle but to the naked eye it’s really pretty! 0741283B-3CEF-48AD-B596-F2D389C009DF.jpeg

Reactions: Kelly.lock
How much will the extra cost be?
The difference is $2,000+/-. I opted for level 1 Pebble sheen (Blue Granite) + Shimmering Seas. Only $800 additional. Another question. We have a SW pool. The spa will be refaced with travertine splitface. I’m not as concerned about erosion, as with calcium deposits on the stone. Our spillway will be copper, but we are considering the on the face where the water may splash over. PB says the stone will be fine (they are sealing,) but I’m concerned. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the compliment. We spent a lot of time trying to plan our backyard out. My wife says I have pool OCD.

We just finished our plastering last week and have been fighting nasty rain the last couple days. Should see some sun again tomorrow. I will take pics at different times of day and post them. Here’s some late morning shots and a nightime shot. I’m afraid the photo resolution doesn’t do the shimmer full justice. It’s incredibly noticeable. I have several freinds/neighbors who love it already.
Thank you for posting these photos of PebbleSheen Ocean Blue - SO HELPFUL! I'm wondering what time of day the middle photo of the first 3 photos you posted, the dark one with the trees reflecting, is? I am so torn between Ocean Blue and Prism Blue - I love the Ocean Blue color when the sun hits it, and I but I worry about my pool being in shadow all morning and in the evening and it being too dark.

Hi there! We have prism blue and I love the sparkles in the sunlight, subtle but so beautiful. We didn’t have to pay extra for the abalone as it’s already in the mix and our builder didn’t charge any extra for that color. Here are some water pics. Cameras just don’t seem to pick up the sparkle but to the naked eye it’s really pretty! View attachment 316371
I'd love to see a few more photos if you are willing to post!

We were going to install Blue Surf Pebble Sheen, but made a last minute change to Prism Blue. We didn't have to pay extra for the swap. But we did pay extra for the Luminous blue glass we added on. So we're looking forward to see what it looks like. We just had the pool plastered today. Tomorrow we acid wash, then begin filling our pool. I guess we'll begin to see tomorrow!

We were going to install Blue Surf Pebble Sheen, but made a last minute change to Prism Blue. We didn't have to pay extra for the swap. But we did pay extra for the Luminous blue glass we added on. So we're looking forward to see what it looks like. We just had the pool plastered today. Tomorrow we acid wash, then begin filling our pool. I guess we'll begin to see tomorrow!
awesome! Prism Blue was my first pick but was an upgrade in pricing so we got Blue surf but very happy with it.

Reactions: ofcounsel

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.