Help with Jandy JXI Heater High Water Temp Fault

Teduardo02

Gold Supporter
Aug 3, 2020
Montgomery County PA
My Jandy JXI gas heater wont fire up because it thinks the water temperature is too high. I ordered a replacement water temp sensor online and just replaced it but it still thinks the temp is 142 F. I tested the new sensor with a multimeter checking the ohms and it reads properly. Where should I go from here? Thanks to everyone in advance.

Pics of the equipment? Sounds like heat is backing up in the intake side of the manifold. Does the heater have a versa flow? And the 1.5 Pentair pump is single speed?
Here are some pics. I think its a single speed pump and not sure about the versa flow. Sorry I just bought the house and still trying to getting to know how everything works. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3876.jpg
    IMG_3876.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3878.jpg
    IMG_3878.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3879.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3880.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 15
I wonder if the 10k resistor test would work on the jxi. Let’s ask Allen @ajw22

It would but he said he tested the thermistor with a multimeter and it had the expected reading.

There is a thermal regulator and bypass valve in the header that I would check. See page 12 in Workbook JXi Pool&Spa Heater that is a training manual for pool repairmen.

I actually said the same thing before I edited it above. The heater never initially fired so his reading 147. The resistor test would rule out board/thermistor.

I thought the heater ran like you did.

Connecting a 10K resistor in place of the thermistor will determine if it is the problem is in the wireing or board which it sounds like it is...

full

full

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.