Help with cracks and spots

May 29, 2016
ada, mo
So my pool was finished first week of September. I followed everything on starting a new plaster/gunnite pool.
This week what I thought was algae I realized is actually reddish/brown spots. It started with one now there is five. I have tried and tried to brush and nothing happens. While doing this I noticed two large cracks in the pool plaster. One on the side of the pool and the other at the bottom of the pool.

What should I do about the cracks and the spots?

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 71
  • bottom of pool.jpg
    bottom of pool.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 69
M,

What has your pool builder or the Plaster guy have to say?

In my case, I had a couple of minor defects that they went in fixed underwater. looks good and you can't tell anything was done.

Jim R.

Was this new construction or a re-plaster of an existing pool? I would have the builder or plaster contractor (if it was a re-plaster) come take a look and see if they will repair this under warranty. I can't really see the red spots but that may be rust stains where rebar touches the plaster.

Was this new construction or a re-plaster of an existing pool? I would have the builder or plaster contractor (if it was a re-plaster) come take a look and see if they will repair this under warranty. I can't really see the red spots but that may be rust stains where rebar touches the plaster.

This is new construction. I have him coming to check it out. If the stains are rust stains what can be done about that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.