Help w/ Skimmer Overflow PVC pipe and drain

Reeko17

Nov 16, 2020
Hi Everyone, We have a 3/4" PVC pipe running from our pool skimmer to the lawn, which serves as an overflow for heavy rains, too much water in the pool, etc. (see attached photos). Typically a pop-up emitter attaches to the PVC a few feet from the patio and disperses excess water, but emitters only come in 3" diameter and up. Does anyone have an alternative solution for this, i.e. what have you attached instead of a pop-up emitter to serve as a "drain" at the end of the PVC. (Don't really want to use multiple PVC adapters/reducers.) Thanks!!

Attachments

• PVC.jpg
    PVC.jpg
    791.7 KB · Views: 27
  • PVC2.jpg
    PVC2.jpg
    791.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Emitter.png
    Emitter.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 26
Thank you for the suggestion. The PVC is angled upwards coming out of the concrete patio, so I plan to extend it at least a couple feet more from the
concrete up to ground level (probably less than 10" in height) so the end will reach the grass. I'm trying to find/rig some sort of drain/cap (pop-up emitter is ideal
but too big) that will only open when the water is pushed through, but haven't had any luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.