LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Over the last few days it's became very clear this year is going to be a challenge to find Liquid Chlorine. The coronavirus has totally altered things these days and soon it will likely be difficult for users to find a quality source of Liquid Chlorine for their pools. We at TFP however would like to try to help our users.

Over the weekend we've purchased a program and setup a system for our users to start to provide locations of Liquid Chlorine. Regardless if it's household bleach or "Liquid Shock" we'd like to start finding a source for users to use in their pools. This system is VERY buggy at this current time however we felt it would be appropriate to get this up and running to start tracking locations before the swim season really hits full force.

In the map above you'll start to see locations and so forth of points where users have found chlorine. You'll also be able to enter in locations if you happen to stumble across a quality source of chlorine. Some info you may wish to include are the price, store name, bleach strength, production date, and any other info you may feel is important. The more data you can provide, the better. Once you submit this data it won't get uploaded right away. All submissions will need to be approved (for now) to help protect again Spam and so forth. Again, this setup will be VERY buggy and there will be changes in the future. I can't promise the future of this feature, but we're open to give things a shot!

Lee

Again, this setup will be VERY buggy and there will be changes in the future
You are not kidding! I could not search for a ZIP, could not add a marker, and the only displayed marker had a blank box! So in other words...I couldn't use it at all. ?

Can you provide any info so I can attempt to fix the issue? Items such as device used, Browser or anything else helps a ton. Additional markers will come in time, seeing the plugin has been active for 3 hours now, it's not shocking there's not much info.

I tried to post a marker but the "submit" button wouldn't work. It showed as just a thin blue bar. I am using Firefox on a Windows 7 PC.

Here are the details I was trying to submit:
WalMart in Florence, KY 41042
On 3/14/20 at the WalMart on Houston Rd. there were plenty of 1 Gallon jugs of Pool Essentials 10% chlorine in stock with an early 2020 mfg date for $3.46 each. Beware there were some old stock jugs with a 2019 mfg date on the same shelf.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leebo
Using Windows 10 with Chrome browser. I dropped a marker on the map by right-clicking mouse. Added business name and details. Hit the "thin blue line" and I believe it was accepted, but no confirmation message.

Address: 6612 Carnelian St, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701 (Mountain View Inland Pool Supply) 12.5% HASA

Thanks for the info @AveMaria472!! I’ll look into what’s up with submitting data, but for now I’ve added your submission manually. ?
I went back and searched for the entry you submitted and at first I couldn't read the info because it was blocked by the search bar at the top. Here's a screen shot:
CaptureA.JPG
When I zoomed in on the map using the controls in the top left corner, I could read the top of the entry, but the bottom portion wasn't visible.
CaptureB.JPG

Could just be my personal PC settings, but just in case I wanted to point out that in order to read the whole blurb, you have to zoom in/out on the map using the controls in the top left corner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey look, I typed in a zip code and this time it said "no results found" and then zoomed over to the zip code general area.Screenshot from 2020-03-16 18-03-21.png

I see this when I open the page now.
Screenshot from 2020-03-16 18-04-39.png

I can click the one in Cincinnati or the two in Pittsburgh. Clicking Pittsburgh zooms in and I can click the two that then show up separately. I can read all three descriptions.

Could just be my personal PC settings, but just in case I wanted to point out that in order to read the whole blurb, you have to zoom in/out on the map using the controls in the top left corner.
Same here. I found that if you click fullsize (top right) you can easily read the description though.

Unfortunatly when I went to add one, I could neither right (or left) click to add a marker, or use the input box. The thin blue line did nothing for me.
Screenshot from 2020-03-16 18-11-27.png

For this post, for both viewing and trying to add a marker I was using Firefox 73.0.1, running on Linux Mint 19.3

Got your submission added

Looks like once I get the layout setup the feature for users to add data needs tweaking. For now, if you can't get the feature to add a submission to work just post in this thread, and I'll add it manually.

Shoot, I forgot to add that that was dated the 48th day of 2020, so it's really new stuff too.

Scroll bar on discription is nice and works well, though on my Firefox/Linux combo at least I'm getting some weird text overlay at the location above the scroll box. The text overlay is the same in fullscreen map view.

Also seeing a new "list of locations" below the map that I'm not sure will be particularly helpful once this map gets more populated.
Screenshot from 2020-03-16 18-28-08.png

Last edited:
Using Brave browser on MacOS and I was able to add to the map when I disabled Ublock and disabled the brave shields. Searching via zip code did not work, and the "submit" button doesn't have any text, but clicking the button still worked.

This is a really good idea, you should a date field to the entries so we know how recent they are.

Using Brave browser on MacOS and I was able to add to the map when I disabled Ublock and disabled the brave shields. Searching via zip code did not work, and the "submit" button doesn't have any text, but clicking the button still worked.

This is a really good idea, you should a date field to the entries so we know how recent they are.
When you say “didn’t work” for searching, can you expand what you meant? Was it an error message like “no results” or did it simply do nothing?

Now I can't read the descriptions when I click on pins.
Screenshot from 2020-03-17 06-41-45.png

That said, if I search my zip, it does locate my listing, and then that's the only listing on the list below the map, so the description can be read there.
Screenshot from 2020-03-17 06-45-06.png

Hmm. That reminded me that FireFox has new tracking prevention shields. But I checked and it said there were no know trackers on this site.

I tried to post a marker but the "submit" button wouldn't work. It showed as just a thin blue bar. I am using Firefox on a Windows 7 PC.

Here are the details I was trying to submit:
WalMart in Florence, KY 41042
On 3/14/20 at the WalMart on Houston Rd. there were plenty of 1 Gallon jugs of Pool Essentials 10% chlorine in stock with an early 2020 mfg date for $3.46 each. Beware there were some old stock jugs with a 2019 mfg date on the same shelf.

Exact same issue with me using Chrome.

Watercrafters of Gaithersburg, MD has 10% in stock for $8.99.

For those of us outside the USA, will there be support? Does not appear to be at the moment

Im gonna answer this in the most vague method I can. Technically speaking it should actually work right now. How many data points however will we see, I doubt that many as activity drops dramatically once you leave the states on the site.

For the current time being I’ve removed the option to input new data points onto the map. It’s simply too buggy. I hope to work more on this in the future, but simply don’t have the time now due to my day-day job working in logistics(if you could stop buying stuff that would be great).

For now please go ahead and enter any findings of liquid chlorine into this thread and I’ll add it manually. Include the city/state, store name, and a general description In your post.

Looking forward to making this work!
Lee

Reactions: GeorgiaPoolOwner

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.