Help remove/identify spa jet winterizing plugs

jmag999

Silver Supporter
May 21, 2014
Rhode Island
I am having trouble removing several of the winterizing plugs on our spa jets. They are in rough shape and should have been replaced long ago but I was unable to find replacements.

1. Does anyone have recommendations for how to get these out if the protruding nut is no longer usable? I've tried using large channel locks which helped with several of them but a few are just shredding with any force. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Does anyone know who makes these or where I can get replacements? The heads appear to be Balboa/Hydroair: Balboa Water Group - Gunite Jets

Attachments

• IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks, will give that a try. Channel locks are about 15" long. They normally work but the plastic became too fragile this year. I think these are not actually winterizing plugs, I believe they were just there during install to protect from gunnite and the previous owners just continued to use as plugs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.