Help pool legs lifting off the ground while full

Jmichaelg56

Jun 15, 2019
Granbury, TX
I just got a new SHARKLINE reprive 12x24x54 resin guard pool. Problem I'm having is on both ends 3 of the 6 legs have lifted off the foundation after filling. The foundation was built during the winter because our yard is all lake sand and not stable. Pool sits on 8x16x4 inch blocks , I am no more than 1/8 " off level all the way around measured by both rotary lazer and builders level. The only thing I see that might be a problem is the liner seam on the ends is on the floor and not the cove as it is on the sides. I'm at witts end . HELP.

No experience here on above ground pools but lets see if this bump gets some folks with the experience to chime in.

Plumb and leaning in at.the moment totally empty getting ready to pull the liner tomorrow morning . I got in it when it was about knee deep and looked to me like foam cove was disfigured and lifted maybe allowed liner to slip under cove from what I can see the sand didn't wash out but I will know more in the morning. Just put it up and filled last weekend

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well, you did better than I did in that respect. Mine ended up a hair out after filling the pool. Other than that, my oval turned out pretty good.

I'm a bit confused. The foam cove I used had some thin double sided tape on the back, but it sure wasn't strong and I'd expect the weight of water to have no problem at all moving it.
Why would that have caused the issue you experienced?

The reason I'm bringing it up is to me, I can't see that being the cause and I'd hate to see you have a repeat.

The cove certainly should be tight against the base and the liner needs to stay put, but why did your liner push under it?

Well, you did better than I did in that respect. Mine ended up a hair out after filling the pool. Other than that, my oval turned out pretty good.

I'm a bit confused. The foam cove I used had some thin double sided tape on the back, but it sure wasn't strong and I'd expect the weight of water to have no problem at all moving it.
Why would that have caused the issue you experienced?

The reason I'm bringing it up is to me, I can't see that being the cause and I'd hate to see you have a repeat.

The cove certainly should be tight against the base and the liner needs to stay put, but why did your liner push under it?
Update to follow right now busy trying to get it fixed and put back together before the storms hit

Cause found, all the problems are my fault !! When setting up the pool the Bottom track was laid all measurements were taken as per factory specs everything aligned perfect. When putting up the wall it did not meet it fell short by 5" instructions say to take the bottom track and squeeze them together equally around the pool. At that point all the measurements were off on the end walls we bolted up the walls Compacted the sand and laid the bottom pad put the cove in And lined the wall with foam. We stretched the line and put a vacuum in sucked all the air out removed all the wrinkles filled with water halfway let it sit in the Sun for A-day for the liner to stretch filled it up the day after to the skimmer and thats when the problem started. The ends were slightly out of round when the pressure pushed the 2 sides of the wall out the end part of the wall came in, it wasn't able to pull the sand in so it rode up on top , over the sand bed. Now that the water has evenly squared the pool I filled in the voids and removed the sand from under the track repacked everything with the tamper laid the cove restreched the liner and started to refill. Filled halfway today and I'm done for tonight I will check in make sure everything is still in place before I continue filling more tomorrow

Attachments

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190622-230827_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190622-230827_Photos.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: badams and cj133
You have the same type of pool I do. Slightly different trim but same pool over all.

I had issues with the wrong measurements in the book that came with the pool but found updated ones online. After fighting with the wrong ones..

Also, no matter what I did I couldn't figure out how to get the side posts perfect because the bottoms were rounded etc. I had them perfect but as the pool filled I guess either more weight went to the patio blocks and tilted them, or the blocks settled a hair because mine are a tad out of plumb now. Enough to annoy me.

My blocks were all within 1/8" of level using a Hilti laser.

Then came trying to make a cold thick liner fit and we did that wrong two times, thunderstorms, tornado near by. We finished installing the liner properly the third time during a thunderstorm.

Most of my issues were probably my fault, but some weren't. It is what it is. The place I bought it from helped any time we called and honestly, were the best I've ever delt with.

I've had enough pool installation fun for a while. How about you @Jmichaelg56 ? :)

You have the same type of pool I do. Slightly different trim but same pool over all.

I had issues with the wrong measurements in the book that came with the pool but found updated ones online. After fighting with the wrong ones..

Also, no matter what I did I couldn't figure out how to get the side posts perfect because the bottoms were rounded etc. I had them perfect but as the pool filled I guess either more weight went to the patio blocks and tilted them, or the blocks settled a hair because mine are a tad out of plumb now. Enough to annoy me.

My blocks were all within 1/8" of level using a Hilti laser.

Then came trying to make a cold thick liner fit and we did that wrong two times, thunderstorms, tornado near by. We finished installing the liner properly the third time during a thunderstorm.

Most of my issues were probably my fault, but some weren't. It is what it is. The place I bought it from helped any time we called and honestly, were the best I've ever delt with.

I've had enough pool installation fun for a while. How about you @Jmichaelg56 ? :)
? My situation was a little different it was gonna cost $5000 to prepare the yard for the pool and set the pool up because of limited access to the yard no equipment access from front homes on both sides and lake in the back so it all had to be done by hand I said to heck with that and did it myself along with the kids and grand kids my yard was all dredge from the canal it wouldn't pack it's been here almost 40 years and still hasn't packed so the kids dug out about 30 yd of sand and hauled that off I got a tiller and tilled all the clay that was underneath it added black dirt on top tilled all that together leveled it hit it with a plate compactor for a whole weekend and let it sit for the last 7 months so it would settle I haven't had any issues with the ground that it's sitting on the only issue I had was mentioned above and yes I will never ever live long enough to have to do that again and trying to re stretch a liner that has 2 returns in it and 2 lights in it and a skimmer makes that all one big pain in the a @$$ not to mention severe thunderstorms 20 miles away ?

Reactions: cj133
? My situation was a little different it was gonna cost $5000 to prepare the yard for the pool and set the pool up because of limited access to the yard no equipment access from front homes on both sides and lake in the back so it all had to be done by hand I said to heck with that and did it myself along with the kids and grand kids my yard was all dredge from the canal it wouldn't pack it's been here almost 40 years and still hasn't packed so the kids dug out about 30 yd of sand and hauled that off I got a tiller and tilled all the clay that was underneath it added black dirt on top tilled all that together leveled it hit it with a plate compactor for a whole weekend and let it sit for the last 7 months so it would settle I haven't had any issues with the ground that it's sitting on the only issue I had was mentioned above and yes I will never ever live long enough to have to do that again and trying to re stretch a liner that has 2 returns in it and 2 lights in it and a skimmer makes that all one big pain in the a @$$ not to mention severe thunderstorms 20 miles away ?

My yard is narrow as well so no equipment.
I trucked in 3 tons of sand via wheel barrow.

All clay also and we dug down 18" on one side.

The good news is the kids love it.

Please share some pictures of the final product when you're ready.

My yard is narrow as well so no equipment.
I trucked in 3 tons of sand via wheel barrow.

All clay also and we dug down 18" on one side.

The good news is the kids love it.

Please share some pictures of the final product when you're ready.
The uprights on the ends were yours labeled? Anything in the instructions? There is a top & bottom , I found nothing in the instructions nothing on the video and no notations as to up or down on the uprights. I had to turn 6 of them over

The uprights on the ends were yours labeled? Anything in the instructions? There is a top & bottom , I found nothing in the instructions nothing on the video and no notations as to up or down on the uprights. I had to turn 6 of them over

Mine have plastic bottoms they snap into, so no but it didn't matter. It was obvious what was bottom in my case but no labeling.

My tops are actually like your bottoms which caused another issue. The inner screws for the top rails would in theory go into the stablizer bars so I couldn't use them and had to drill new holes. I assume top plates are identical to what you used on your bottom.

The instructions were terrible.

Mine have plastic bottoms they snap into, so no but it didn't matter. It was obvious what was bottom in my case but no labeling.

My tops are actually like your bottoms which caused another issue. The inner screws for the top rails would in theory go into the stablizer bars so I couldn't use them and had to drill new holes. I assume top plates are identical to what you used on your bottom.

The instructions were terrible.
So you have the salt water one
Mine is only a resin guard
Top and bottom track and cap are plastic been in the sun one week and cap is warped and twisted already

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.