Help Please Algae filters came but no test kit/5 more days!

Re: Help Please Algae filters came but no test kit/5 more da

To be clear, you have the K2006 not the K2600.

There is not 2ml or 5ml used for anything ... you multiply the # of drops by either 0.2 or 0.5 depending if you use a 25ml or 10ml sample.

Okay, as I knew my FC is low, it's only at .5, but trying to test thd PH I filled to 44 added 5 drops, inverted and swirled, still clear, kept adding more drops til 50, still clear. I am waitting on comments before doing anything further, thank you.

Was there any hint of yellow? Test your TA and post that also. I think it sounds like your pH may be very low, like 4.5 or lower. Post your TA result, and we will go from there. Just to confirm, you used the correct reagent, right? Phenol red? Was it red in the bottle?

If it's not red in the bottle, that means it wasn't the right reagent. You have the K-2006, correct? It should be the first bottle in the second row. R-0004, I believe the number is. I think you may have used either the acid or base demand reagent.

Okay, I'm sooo sorry, I.ot sure what I did,.I thik read too much, tried to follow something here on testing, not sure what or where I was, I ran the TA and it was at 70 so I red and ran PH again, suddenly the light bulb went on, hey, I don't remember tjis reagent being red,.duhhhh, think that's kinda what that nice gentleman last night asked about..

So, tomorrow going to get bleach from Costco, going to start no later then,Friday am, probably Thur. I ordered the reagents I need for FC. I'm buying 21 things if bleach, about 2.41 a peice.. Do I need anything else? My brain,is fried, looking for work, researching this and washing washing, softwater, and even more more..

I think you got it ... the only thing I would suggest is proof-reading your post as it is difficult to read with so many typos. ;)

I know, I have been posting via my cell phone because it's the most convenient way. I'm not just a really horrible speller. It will choose words that I don't and input them. I can spend 15 minutes looking it over and then hit post and then look at it and go, what the heck, the phone changed it back. At some point I just decided to let it go.....

Also, since I am on my regular computer, I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate all the help and I'm sure you don't need to be told but I fully intend to pay the $35 to become a member. Just one last thing, :eek: well, joke... not really there will be more. I need to increase the PH before the SLAM and anything else, what do you all have on hand chemical wise. I mean we are talking, I don't even have Baking Soda. I maybe without giving too much away, sorry, it is personal, but without telling it it is really hard to explain, in fact even telling it, unless you've been there, it's not understandable. :blah: :foot: :swim: I am just trying to move forward after a Home Invasion. It really changed my life. Not only did everything I owned get destroyed but so did my sense of security and ability to function. K, enough said, that's why I am in the situation I am. :swim: Buying the house is my first step to recovering completely... :paddle:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

So what is your current pH? If it is below 7.2, you can raise it up using Borax. If it is 7.2 or higher, you should leave it alone. Chlorine is more effective at a lower pH. And yes, I know what it is like to type on a phone. I mess up enough on my computer, my phone can be really bad.

It's 7.2. So then, going tomorrow to get bleach, and the reagent should be here Sat. So, I should have enough to get me til it's here. So my plans are to start tomorrow evening.

HELP... What the, just woke up and my boyfriend showed me the pool. It is and has been raining. The pump was on and it is so low. Like over 1'5 to 2 ft of water is gone..... Where did it to, he said the pop UPS on the steps were shooting water up in the air. ....

Either you suddenly developed a large leak in the pool, doubtful. Or maybe your backwash valve is leaking (been there done that). Go find where it is wet.

Oh wait, you said it was raining, so that will be tough.

Okay, I posted and hit submit on my phone and that post is gone.... Everything is disappearing today... It makes sense that it's a valve or something. The arriator (spelling?) and pop up's in the shallow end, (steps), were shooting water out. Should I fill it up. It's actually about 8 inches, just below the skimmer basket. On the bright side, after brushing down yesterday, now looking in the deep end almost all the algae is gone... So what should I look for once it's got more water, turn the pump on and look at a diagram of the pump to see where the backwash is? Cost to fix, what to do and not do? Course it has to be close to the week end....

I have no idea how to look for that? I posted in another area, I will delete it and copy it here cause I updated a little bit.
Hi and thanks in advance. I just bought this house 4 months ago. Just last week my pool started growing algae, so I bought new filter cartridges. They have been in for a week doing great. At 2am I went out to turn on the pump and airrator because I realuzed it wasn't on. At 7:30 my BF came in screaming the pool.. It had lost over 8 inches, the aerrator was shooting over the fence and the now totally exposed step pop up's were shooting water straight up. The water drained to just below the skimmer level. We turned pump off. It was raining out so I can't tell if the pump is leaking due to the rain water but in Arizona it doesn't take much water to flood the yard and it is not obviously more wet anywhere. Please help. I am filling again now.

Update, it is full and I turned on the pump and there is water leaking from the pipe that goes directly into the pump, on top. I will post a picture. That doesn't seem like it's enough to have list as much as I did in only 4.5 to 5 hours though.

BTW, I.m trying to get the HOA company to trim back their tree as it's causing bird poop and tons of leaves.

Just noticed you have a cartridge filter. Cartridge filters will not have a backwash valve. Is there a drain anywhere the could be cracked open/leaking?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.