HELP! New pool, just tested my water!

Pool guy told us to run it 24/7, is this necessary?
Pump run time is first based on how long you need to generate the chlorine (with SWCG), then how much you wish to skim the surface. So you can reduce your pump run time. Experiment. But be sure you are creating the chlorine each day the pool needs.

Reactions: frost4mama
Yep. I also noticed you dont have a variable speed pump. If it were me, I would put your SWG at 100% (or at least 80%) and adjust your pump run time to generate more or less chlorine. That will at least let you run the pump less and save you some $.

TA is fine. When/if you need to adjust pH, it will come down. The TA does not effect anything in your pool chemistry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pictured Pool Shock is just 12.75% liquid chlorine. It is not stabilizer. You may also find stabilizer labeled as "conditioner" at the Pool Store. Incidentally, that is now the only chemical I buy from a "pool store." Everything else from the local hardware store, grocery store, etc. This site will save you a lot of money and prevent a lot of headaches, rest assured. (Consider becoming a suppoter!)

If you decide to use the 20% Muriatic Acid (which I did) because it's safer to handle and easier to find, note the following from another poster on this site whose name escapes me: "Use the Pool Math app. Select the 15.725% option for your MA calculation. Multiply the indicated dosage by 1.27. (Add 27% to the lower dosage.)"
Works great. Good luck!

I'm trying to find your SWG but maybe someone else can help out. Its a Hayward aquarite but I dont see a 900 model. If you have a single speed pump you should run it for 4 hours minimum but long enough to skim debris or generate needed FC. Depending on the model you can use the poolmath "effects of adding" select your pool size and swg and see the 24 hour FC output. You are goi g to likely shoot for 4-5. Ppm at first then fine tune. Like stated above with a single speed pump 100% output for as many hours as it takes to generate 4-5ppm is the most economical as it will decrease daily pump run time. For example I run mine about 8 hours a day at 100%. Remember that the swg is good at holding FC levels, if your demand increases which it likely will with the hot sunny weather arriving this week you need to adjust run time before hand or augment with liquid chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.