Help needed to identify parts to solve pump leak

Lou-SADL

Silver Supporter
Hello everyone,

Our pool pump is leaking in a major way. Can anyone help identify the parts we should order to repair? The leak is clearly at the junction between the wet and dry part of the pump (see attached photos). First photo is from below the pump, wet side is to the right of the photo.2019-08-04-10.58.50.841.jpg

The wet side if to the left on the second photo.

2019-08-04-11.02.39.832.jpg
I am wondering if we need to order item 9, 10 and/or 11 on the exploded part list (see attached PDF).

Attachments

• turbo-injection-bilingual.pdf
    1,008 KB · Views: 10
Let me preface this by saying I know next to nothing about pumps.

I could very well be wrong, but if that was what I found in my pump house I think I’d be apt to replace the whole pump. (Probably with a duplicate so I could open up the old one and see what happened, saving it for any future pieces needs on the new one. Or you could always repair the old one and sell it on eBay as refurbished.)

Having said that, the only thing worse than ordering and waiting on parts is having do it twice. I think I’d order all you mentioned, plus go ahead and get 12, 17, 18 too.

Assuming the housing is fine, I would order the rest of the internal parts as well (impeller and all other seals). it probably isn't too much more $$ and you'll be very unhappy if you pull it apart and see that something else is failing (and you will rest assured that it won't need any further attention for a few ore years).

Don't forget to get some lubricant to seal those o rings when you order your parts!

For the pump you have (SP33152B) you need at least the following parts.
9 - Seal Assembly - SP1600-Z2
10 - Housing Gasket - SP3000-T

You could possibly need the Seal Plate (SP3020-E) as well if it's warped or cracked. You won't know that until you take the pump apart.

I'd start with the seal and housing gasket. Even if you wind up needing a new pump you won't be out but a few dollars and a seal and gasket usually winds up fixing those type leaks.

Thanks everyone. The pump is repaired after changing:
6 - Diffuser Gasket - SP1600R
9 - Seal Assembly - SP1600Z2
10 - Housing Gasket - SP3000T. I actually ordered SPX3000TRA that includes all three for less $$.

We had no leaks but a strange vibration noise. We decided to change the impeller ring (item 16, SP3005R). Now the pump works with no leaks and not strange noise.

Total cost of repairs: 52$CAN . Totally worth it!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.