Help me program dual speeds/times on my Intelliflo VSF on my EasyTouch system

Enzman

Dec 30, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I've gotten fairly good at messing around with the easytouch both on the panel and with the Screenlogic app on my Samsung phone. That being said there are a few things I'd like to fine tune. One is probably fairly easy and I'm just misunderstanding something. The second, is about trying to program one of my valves. Anyways, here goes.

I recently have decided on running my VSF 24 hours at 1600 rpm's. It's the minimum necessary to keep my IC 40 flow rate high enough. Now, I came to this conclusion because I can't seem to setup 2 different speeds for my Pump 1 and setup 2 separate run times for each. In a perfect world I would like to run my pump at say 1800 rpm's every few hours during sunlight hours (for say an hour) with my saltwater generator at 100%. I would then like to run my pump at 1000 rpm's or so (saltwater generator wouldn't be running because lack of flow).

So, tldr. I need to have the same pump with 2 (or 3 if I choose) speed settings and be able to set each different speed up for a different time range. I'm sure this is possible, I just can't google the right thing to find what I'm looking for maybe?

Ok, #2.

I have an in floor cleaning system in my pool. I also have an infinity edge spa that sits INSIDE my pool (I will provide pictures from my phone after I post this). Currently when my pool is running normally, the valve that controls the water going to the pool OR the spa isn't closable. It either opens to to let some water run into the spa and some into the pool whenever the pool pump is in normal mode, or closes off to the pool in SPA mode so that it just recirculates the spa exclusively. I will post pictures of this valve as well.

I want to create a button that will turn my pump up to say 1800-2000 or so (depending what is necessary to run my in floor cleaning system) so that 100% of my return water and as such, pressure will go to the cleaning system only. It will also close the valve that I have circled so that none of that pressure goes TO the spa. The only water that should be going to the spa (during cleaning time) is through the in ground cleaning system. Obviously I want to save as much energy as possible with this and would have the rpm's as low as possible to handle this function as well.

My pool builder is very cool but I don't feel like having him drive all the way out here to fine tune every single thing I want to do is actually his problem. I'd love to understand how to program parameters for the valves as well.

Would LOVE any help and actually advice if you have it.

Attachments

• 291760297_5441117962575961_6987651044822060318_n.jpg
    291760297_5441117962575961_6987651044822060318_n.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 294281071_560580749045757_1578433906864588664_n.jpg
    294281071_560580749045757_1578433906864588664_n.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
You can do both things. It will take some work on that actuated valve for the spa return and some programming.

#1.
You create Feature Circuits. Do you use the Screenlogic Configuration software on your computer?
You set your Pool Mode rpm to the lowest you want to run. You said 1000 rpm. The SWCG will be activated, but if the flow is too low, the Flow indicator will be Red on the SWCG. Schedule that for 24 hours.
Then set up a Feature Circuit for each RPM you wish to run. Schedule them for the time periods you want them to run.
SL Setup Circuit.png

Reactions: Staceyleah22
You need to adjust the Actuator on your return valve so it completely closes the return to the Spa in Pool Mode. There are cams inside the actuator that you use to adjust that. Or have your Pool Builder do it.
Then, you set up the Spillway circuit. That will return all the water to the spa but the suction comes from the pool.
Your Pool Mode will return all the water to your cleaning system and suction from the pool.

Enz,

Show us a pic of your automated Return valve. It should be the one that sends water back to your Spa or back to your pool..

The way the EasyTouch works is that you turn on a Circuit and the pump will run at whatever speed you have assigned to that Circuit. So you turn on the Pool Circuit" and the pump runs at XXXX speed. But... you can only assign one speed to each circuit.

What you need to do is set up one or two more Circuits that allow you to run at different speeds.

You basically set up unused Feature Circuits, name them what you want and assign speeds to them.

If you look at my speed set up page, you can see that my Pool circuit runs at about 1200 RPM. When I ALSO turn on my Skim Low Circuit my pump will run at 1500 RPM and when I turn on my Skim High Circuit, my pump will run at 2000 RPM. If I turn on my waterfall my pump will run at 2800 RPM.

It does this because when the pump sees two or more speeds at the same time, it will always run the fastest one.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok, but I'm having a heck of a time getting this setup on my PC. For whatever reason I can't get it to connect to my easytouch. I have the protocol adapter numbers in and when I go to start screenlogic I get Error: Correct Viewer version cannot be found.

I'm having some issues doing this as well.

Some things that could be causing those problems.

My protocol adapter is plugged directly into my orbi system. If you don't know what that is, it's basically a whole house wifi system. It could be that my computer is plugged into the modem directly and the adapter is wifi?

Attachments

• 291693292_282064250808960_949427329222207411_n.jpg
    291693292_282064250808960_949427329222207411_n.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 9
Enz,

Show us a pic of your automated Return valve. It should be the one that sends water back to your Spa or back to your pool..

The way the EasyTouch works is that you turn on a Circuit and the pump will run at whatever speed you have assigned to that Circuit. So you turn on the Pool Circuit" and the pump runs at XXXX speed. But... you can only assign one speed to each circuit.

What you need to do is set up one or two more Circuits that allow you to run at different speeds.

You basically set up unused Feature Circuits, name them what you want and assign speeds to them.

If you look at my speed set up page, you can see that my Pool circuit runs at about 1200 RPM. When I ALSO turn on my Skim Low Circuit my pump will run at 1500 RPM and when I turn on my Skim High Circuit, my pump will run at 2000 RPM. If I turn on my waterfall my pump will run at 2800 RPM.

It does this because when the pump sees two or more speeds at the same time, it will always run the fastest one.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I included it with the post? Do you not see it? It's circled in red.

I assume you are using the Screenlogic Wireless from the ET to the Protocol Adapter that is inside the home attached to a router. Your computer being plugged into the system should not be an issue. I have no background on a Orbi.

I assume you are using the Screenlogic Wireless from the ET to the Protocol Adapter that is inside the home attached to a router. Your computer being plugged into the system should not be an issue. I have no background on a Orbi.
Basically orbi has 2 (or more I'm not sure) pieces attached to it. The first piece plugs directly into your modem. It is indeed a wireless router. My other orbi is a signal extender. It gets its signal wirelessly from the first one and extends that signal. It has slots in it that you can plug in just like any other router. I feel like having it plugged in there instead of the primary one (that is hardwired) might be my issue. I will mess with that and figure it out soon hopefully.

My Protocol Adapter is located outside at the ET and I use a Wireless Bridge to get the signal into my Wifi system.
Are you using the Screenlogic Wireless adapter that goes from the ET to your Protocol Adapter?

My Protocol Adapter is located outside at the ET and I use a Wireless Bridge to get the signal into my Wifi system.
Are you using the Screenlogic Wireless adapter that goes from the ET to your Protocol Adapter?
This works great for my mobile app but I'm wondering if it's causing issues with my computer app functionality the way it's setup. This slave wireless access point might be causing problems because the program sees it as a different connection. Admittedly I'm not that computer literate though.

Attachments

• 293973263_563316208776686_2577027338558681322_n.jpg
    293973263_563316208776686_2577027338558681322_n.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 10

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know that having the Screenlogic wireless antenna close to your router can be an issue. Not saying that is your issue, but it might be.

The quickly flashing power light indicates the inside transmitter is trying to connect to the outside but there was some interference. Move the transmitter around to find a better location that it connects with.

Reactions: Enzman
I know that having the Screenlogic wireless antenna close to your router can be an issue. Not saying that is your issue, but it might be.

The quickly flashing power light indicates the inside transmitter is trying to connect to the outside but there was some interference. Move the transmitter around to find a better location that it connects with.
Is this what you're referring to?

Attachments

• 20220723_143823.jpg
    20220723_143823.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 6
Enz,

I am not a computer guy at all, but I think ScreenLogic is older and does not work well with the newer mesh type networks.

If you have an older network switch, I'd plug the protocol adapter into it, as well as the PC you want to use for ScreenLogic control, and then connect the switch to the network.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: mknauss
Is this what you're referring to?
No. The wireless receiver that is attached to the Protocol Adapter inside. Move the receiver away from the router.

But I also agree with Jim, most of the automation systems are not up to the new mesh systems. Some folks use static IP's as the mesh use a different IP than the old systems -- at least that is how I understand it.

My protocol adapter is plugged directly into my orbi system. If you don't know what that is, it's basically a whole house wifi system. It could be that my computer is plugged into the modem directly and the adapter is wifi?
Yes, that's a problem. Plug your computer into one of the Orbis instead or have it use WiFi to talk to the nearest Orbi.

I have Orbis - 1 RBR50 and 2 RBS50s. They are pretty transparent, meaning all my network gear works fine with them regardless of the age of the gear. The fact that they are "mesh" is not an issue.

The one big quirk of Orbis is that you cannot assign 2 different SSIDs to the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks and you can't disable either of those networks. So some devices which can only speak 2.4 GHz get confused seeing the desired SSID on the 5 GHz network with which they cannot communicate. Something to try would be to turn off SSID broadcast for the 5 GHz network while connecting the protocol adapter. Also make sure both WiFi networks are assigned unchanging channels (not Auto) and that your Orbis have the latest firmware V2.7.4.24. Older Orbi firmware was very buggy.

Reactions: Enzman and mknauss
You can do both things. It will take some work on that actuated valve for the spa return and some programming.

#1.
You create Feature Circuits. Do you use the Screenlogic Configuration software on your computer?
You set your Pool Mode rpm to the lowest you want to run. You said 1000 rpm. The SWCG will be activated, but if the flow is too low, the Flow indicator will be Red on the SWCG. Schedule that for 24 hours.
Then set up a Feature Circuit for each RPM you wish to run. Schedule them for the time periods you want them to run.
View attachment 439408
I seem to have a different interface on my pc app than you do?

Attachments

• 20220724_144809.jpg
    20220724_144809.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 3
No. The wireless receiver that is attached to the Protocol Adapter inside. Move the receiver away from the router.

But I also agree with Jim, most of the automation systems are not up to the new mesh systems. Some folks use static IP's as the mesh use a different IP than the old systems -- at least that is how I understand it.
Never mind. I figured it out. It's under configure.

For your knowledge, I wasn't able to connect anything until I plugged my protocol adapter directly into the modem. Which is what my pc is connected to. After I did all that I realized that I could probably unplug my wired connection and use my computer's wifi to connect. I was right, and as long as I'm on my wifi connection on my PC I can connect to Screenlogic.

Just thought you guys could use this info to help the next person. Thanks for everything.

On another note, I have a call in to my PB to show me how to close that valve so that I can get more pressure to my cleaning system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.