Help me pick a kul bot!

Always look up the model on the Maytronics website (use the search bar 🔍 ) to verify the specs.

Reactions: blazer58 and kul
They are a seem to be a re branded dolphin pentair etc
That is true, but I’d like to try out something not connected to my pool skimmer. My current suction vacuum routinely sucks in air when it does the water line and since it’s basically powered by my pump, this is annoying to me. I’d like one I can program and that does a better job of cleaning. Also I’d like to have an easier time pulling it out of the pool. The hose I currently have is a whole scene.

While they are operational- they are magnificent! Just how much of your moolah 💰 that is worth is up for debate. I personally, being umm… thrifty, shored my bets with a refurbished unit to reap the savings. Followed up with extended warranty protection from my cc to have the same warranty as a new unit. It would cost me alot more than $250/yr to have someone come over @9am on the dot every day of pool season (April-Nov) to vacuum and scrub the walls for two hours. So in my book - even if he doesn’t live long after his warranty expires- Robert 🤖 was worth his cost. Robotic pool vacuums are definitely a luxury item. Most of the really high end units have alot of functions that generally go unused after the fun of playing w/them wears off- kinda like high end cars.

That is true, but I’d like to try out something not connected to my pool skimmer. My current suction vacuum routinely sucks in air when it does the water line and since it’s basically powered by my pump, this is annoying to me. I’d like one I can program and that does a better job of cleaning. Also I’d like to have an easier time pulling it out of the pool. The hose I currently have is a whole scene.
Yea I hate that too.
I'm thinking about this triton one

Got the DX4 on Thursday, shipping took a day longer thank to Fed X.
My first surprise was In The Swim is also Leslie's, so I could have gone to my local Leslie's and picked one up earlier (same price).

The DX4 is just like my S300i, same size, build, brushes, rollers, just different color, so I will be able to use my filters from the 300.
It has no blue tooth or wifi which I did not use anyway, and the control panel is the same, its just not programed for the blue tooth or wifi.

Threw it in the pool last night, it fired right up and was cleaning with no problem.

• Love
Reactions: Mdragger88 and kul
767C8038-2E70-4C28-8934-B431EE959E3C.png17AFB6B1-6BDE-411B-BAC4-6E1AF8683A6C.pngEACB759A-E890-47C9-A64F-D590582D94ED.png
It has automation mode as well if you want to use a smart plug to set it up on a never ending schedule (the scheduling buttons on the controller only allow what u choose to happen for 1 week then you must reset the schedule) or be able just turn it on w/ your phone/alexa or something whenever u want.

use a smart plug to set it up on a never ending schedule
I might’ve interested in a smart plug. Do you have one that you recommend? Is it difficult to use? Do you just plug it into the outlet? Do I need a separate app to control this plug? I’m not familiar.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I might’ve interested in a smart plug. Do you have one that you recommend? Is it difficult to use? Do you just plug it into the outlet? Do I need a separate app to control this plug? I’m not familiar.
I have several- they cost about $10 @walmart/amazon. I like the round ones since they fit inside my weatherproof in use cover that i plug my bot into without blocking other outlets.
i use the app that came with one of them -
Step 1 - buy smart plug
Step 2 - follow instructions in box to connect smart plug (this includes downloading the app)
Step 3 - engage automation mode on your dolphin 👇
861BE7EE-3A09-47BA-8786-914EDFE87187.png
I have this handy but will try to link the actual post in a bit.
Step4- unplug dolphin from regular outlet, plug in smart plug, plug dolphin into smart plug- then with your app, turn the smart plug on - this should turn the robot on (the robot will turn off when its cycle ends but the plug will remain on so I always set a timer via the app for the plug to turn off if I manually turn it on in the app)
Step 5- create a schedule or whatever u want within the app
Here’s mine 👇
203C765F-E598-4F41-827D-B150F3FA8624.pngF0324C6F-2CAF-4704-863E-342595AF3225.jpeg

By the way - i have only ever had to do this once-
The day i got Robert I set it up & he’s been in automation mode ever since. I unplugged the smart plug over the winter & used it for something else & he lived in the deck box. I thought I may have to enable automation mode again when starting up this spring, but alas - it still remains.
You can do the same thing with any timer as well. All automation mode does is start the bot when power is applied- however u wish to accomplish that is up to u.

Please do not base your decision on mine, but I just ordered the DX4.
My reasoning's were its the same as my 300 (which did a good job on my basic pool),
hoping to be able to use my old filters, it was in stock and will delivered 1-2 days.
I ordered off Amazon, but the seller is one that others here have used.
Time will tell if I made the right choice.

I looked up when I got my 300 and it was really close to 5 years when it stopped working.
It's a shame if something this costly is going to be considered a throw away item in 4-5 years.
How has it been working so far? I'm thinking about the DX4 or DX5i

How has it been working so far? I'm thinking about the DX4 or DX5i
So far so good, cleans just like my S300i.
I am able to use the extra fine pleated filters from my 300, so that helps with the fine stuff but the filters that came with work ok.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.