Help Me Pick A Heater

EminiTrader

Gold Supporter
Mar 20, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
Ok gang. As I posted in an earlier thread my new pool is under contract. The PB agreed to install my own heater. Even though we are in Florida we love the warm water. My last pool I bought one after a year or so and couldn't imagine not having another one.

So my pool size is in the siggy. I will have the Easy Touch 8 and I would like to have it interact with that and the Screen Logic. I didn't order the Screen Logic but I would imagine one day I'll get it.

I've done some research and it seems that Raypack (Rheem) is the way to go. If it has a cooler that's ok too but I just want a heater that will last! My last heater I bought at the dreaded Pool Store and the darn thing was a lemon... For the life of me I can't remember who made it but I am pretty sure it was a Pentair (although I had Hayward equipment) but I don't know for sure.

My top choice is the Raypack R8450TI but I don't have any "working knowledge" It just seems like a good one... All input is greatly appreciated!

Em,

Raypack seem to be a pretty reliable brand per the posts that I've read here. Not sure on your specific model, but just make sure it's large enough to handle your pool, that is, if you want your pool heated faster, rather then slower...Also, you will need to have your gas meter upgraded too.

Good luck, tstex

I have a pool similar in size. I got the Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater works great!

Heats up at 2.5 degrees per hour

The cupronickel upgraded heat exchanger is a waste of money, no need for that option btw.

that model you listed R8450TI is a 140k btu heat pump. I don't think that would heat
very well for your size pool.

If you have natural gas, the one I suggest is great recommendation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.