Help me decipher my PH level please

Gotcha. If my CH creeps up a little in the summer, I manipulate rain water to bring it back down in the winter. Emptying an inch or two before a big rain is one way to do that. It's free, and helps counter the CH that sneaks in with the fill water. If you try that, you just need to pay attention that the water level never drops below the skimmer opening.

Your acid use should decrease over time, but might take a jump up again when you add a SWG (if that's your plan). Play it by ear. I'm lazy, so that was part of the automation equation!

Reactions: Sandi DC
I dumped some water but was nervous because the pool was sooo new so didn't dump "enough" to put in the "normal" range.
I won't empty my pool again either, if I can help it, so I'm with'ya. If I do ever need to exchange water, I'll use TFP's no-drain water exchange method. So use rain, or that method, if you ever want to further decrease your CH level.

I won't empty my pool again either, if I can help it, so I'm with'ya. If I do ever need to exchange water, I'll use TFP's no-drain water exchange method. So use rain, or that method, if you ever want to further decrease your CH level.
Thank you for being so incredibly kind and generous with your time and experiences.

Reactions: Dirk
My pleasure. Just paying forward the same kindness and generosity I was shown when I first started hanging out here. That's how this forum works. Did you know... Your donation helps pay for the servers and the software, but all the folks here, all of them (admins and moderators and experts and guides alike) are all volunteers. It's pretty cool.

My pleasure. Just paying forward the same kindness and generosity I was shown when I first started hanging out here. That's how this forum works. Did you know... Your donation helps pay for the servers and the software, but all the folks here, all of them (admins and moderators and experts and guides alike) are all volunteers. It's pretty cool.
Great reminder! I did donate when they guided me through my initial SLAM :). I am also obsessed with YNAB budgeting and have a reminder set to donate annually when my app fee hits my budget! Long live TFP!

• Love
Reactions: Mdragger88 and Dirk
Try again & add an extra drop of reagent & see if that makes it easier to read
Or as others have mentioned, one less drop. That sample’s color seems oversaturated, so one less drop may allow for a more accurate comparison?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
I tried it both ways last night & I prefer the one less drop method as well- i have generally always been able to decipher ph with the standard amt of drops (5)so I never had the need to change my method. Very interesting. I may continue this way.

Reactions: Dirk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.