Charissa G

Feb 6, 2021
Louisa, VA
I guess we pushed the limits on liner life too much! Even though we’ve never had any rips, tears, or other liner issues before now, we noticed the water level dropping and pulled back the winter cover to see GIANT rips in the vinyl all over the deep end of the pool (20x40’ with 8’ deep end), mostly following the corners and edges, as if the vinyl “shattered”.

It’s too cold to have a new liner put in yet (Feb in VA isn’t exactly warm!), there is absolutely no way to patch, and I’m worried the hemorrhaging water will damage the concrete under the liner. But draining the pool isn’t a good idea either.

Soooooo...what do we do until it’s warm enough out to replace it?!?!?

Hello! Welcome to TFP :wave: I'm assuming this is an inground vinyl pool, right?? It is very important to keep water in if possible because the water is supporting the side walls. We don't want them to crumble in any fashion if we can help it.

Let me page in one of the builders of vinyl pools and ask him- YooooHooo! @jimmythegreek (thanks, Jimmy!)

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: cowboycasey
Grab a 60x30 tarp from harbor freight and on a warmer day use a trash pump or start night before with a sump pump amd drain the pool out. Lay tarp in carefully like a liner and refill it. That's all you can do with it other than letting it empty and bracing it with lumber. Water escaping causes erosion underground and even settling and can cause damage to the floor too

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.