HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

You know they sell it by the 1/4 lb bottle on Amazon for $39.00. That would last you a while :)

FYI, you're pulling farther ahead of me. I need to get cracking after work tonight. Plan is for all the studs to go up, cut out part of the wall for the door to the laundry room, put in a header, and drywall. Guess the wife needs to :whip: me harder lol.

If you still have some of the R0600 reagent that comes in the blue box with the PH test you could use it during the day because it will tell you if the FC gets below 5 and then you could add more bleach.

Thanks Jenson. Just went to Amazon and bought that. I appreciate it!!!!!

You better get through your day and get going!!!!! Sounds like that is a LOT to do on your end. I think my job in front of me today is way easier that that!!!!

Txmat said:
If you still have some of the R0600 reagent that comes in the blue box with the PH test you could use it during the day because it will tell you if the FC gets below 5 and then you could add more bleach.

Oh???? wow!!! Thank you!!! I've went days without having enough of the DPD, that's GREAT to know!!!

Hi NickiBelle ~
Thought I would share these CURRENT year pics. It's not a conversion, did that two years ago, but fighting cloudy water from delay in motor repair.
So another contest if you're interested: Who swims first? lol!!!! ~ I have a bottle of my favorite wine in the frig. If you have one too, or your drink of choice, we can both toast to whichever of us gets there first?

Attachments

• pool_opening2012.jpg
    pool_opening2012.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 122

NikiBelle said:
Txmat said:

Oh???? wow!!! Thank you!!! I've went days without having enough of the DPD, that's GREAT to know!!!

It does not take the place of DPD because it does not go above 5, but it allows you to keep a floor in the FC and reagent refills are readily available almost everywhere. Your getting so many bets that you are going to win that your heading for a drunken change in your profile.

How does that look on the chart jmborchers? Is it progress? please? lol Thanks for the chart update!!! Yes it does appear i am at least headed in the right direction!!!! Thank you so much for all this time you are spending on this chart, it really is wonderful. After it is all said and done i am going to print all this stuff and make a nice scrapbook complete with charts!!!

Ok TXMat!!! I hear you. I can at least have a "clue" if and when i've run out of DPD until my supplies get here. I called all the pool stores around here this morning to find that stuff. Most of them had no clue what i was talking about and they just tried to sell me the strips. I was like "Umm, no, those strips are worthless". Wow i'm getting a taste of my pool snob personality that is yet to peek. I can't wait!!!

jule said:
Hi NickiBelle ~
Thought I would share these CURRENT year pics. It's not a conversion, did that two years ago, but fighting cloudy water from delay in motor repair.
So another contest if you're interested: Who swims first? lol!!!! ~ I have a bottle of my favorite wine in the frig. If you have one too, or your drink of choice, we can both toast to whichever of us gets there first?

Wow you've had a time of it too. I gotta feeling you will beat me. I still can only see the top step on the ladder only. But, i'll toast to you. Yes i have wine and it will be a great toast when you are clear.

Now, i'll tell ya something. When i get clear water? Besides screaming to the top of my lungs, my celebration will not be wine. It will be Tequila and lemon and a salt shaker!!!!! I will celebrate BIG. Of course everyone is invited!!!!!

Oh ~ Pretty sure there'll be lots of posters and peepers celebrating with you!!! lol ~
I think it's safe to say we will expect a photo of you by the pool or in the water with drink in hand when you get there! :cheers:

I'm thinking you're on to it about 'the drink of choice'. Have decided to make mine a Margarita ~ more fun! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ok you are on!!!!! Pic of me in the pool when it is clear with a margarita in hand!!!!!

Here is pics i took just now, after stirring...

100_1414.jpg

100_1413.jpg

Well, the margarita thought has certainly boosted my will power. LOL. And oh believe me, i've given up plenty. Last year, i had hired a guy down the street to take care of my pool. He was using the chlorine pucks. I did see the bottom of my pool briefly, although cloudy and he didn't know what to do he said at that point. After about 700 bucks and into July, i told him to take a hike. That is when i went back to Bacqu, because it had worked in the past. So the month of July and into Aug i did the bacqua thing which led my water to look worse than it had with the chlorine. Around the second week of Aug...i said to heck with it. I gave up.

Which leads me to this year. So, i've given up alright, in the past. It's a freaking quest now, i'll see clear water or i'll go broke and die trying. LOL.

I'm off to run some errands and buy guess what? More bleach!!!!

When i get back it's time to vacuum and scrub and then add water!! Trying to save my testing stuff, Amazon says it will be here 1-3 days, so i'll test tonight after the sun goes down, then add bleach, then wait the 30 minutes and see what OCLT shows tomorrow.

Put in more bleach...didn't measure but i put in a 182oz, with the sun out i'm sure i need that much at least....

Hum, you've used bleach before then baqua. Who has used baqua before? Might she have a high CYA level from past chlorine use even after the baqua converstion? Did we confirm the CYA level was low?

I agree the color is better and it definitely is not a swamp. However you still can't see very far down. I just think it looks like and the testing confirms it is going to clear soon. Once it starts clearing I think it will go quickly.

I would suggest that after you hop in....quickly rinse off some. Your skin may become somewhat dry if not.

As for cleaning your pool. I hope you're brushing EVERYWHERE. I found several spots where the baqua was hiding last year. If my memory serves me, I dropped .5CC just after scrubbing. Once you're finished cleaning, bring the water up to shock level. Kill EVERYTHING!!

I'd be interested in seeing your progress on a true OCLT tonight. You didn't check the FC level until somewhat late today (any sun will eat the FC quick) so let's try and wake you up tomorrow morning. Tonight do as you have been doing and shock your pool after sun-down. Test hours and bring back up to 15. Before bed....test one more time and record the FC and the CC results. Tomorrow.....wake up as early as you can. Test ASAP (after tinkling). Then record and go back to bed. The first step in finishing the swap is passing the OCLT.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.