HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

Oh ok. Good. Whew. Ok, ya'll hold down the fort while i go to work tomorrow. There is homemade potato salad and slaw in the fridge. Oh and hot dogs.

I'll post the reading in the AM before i leave....

Last night when you had a CC of 2 your FC dropped over 10. Tonight it didn't so data indicates the direction is very good if the strends stay good. If not we will let you know but I think you'll find this pool will really start to retain FC levels significantly better.

You may have got it all.....here's to hoping. I would do a test tomorrow in the morning and see what's going on in the pool via numbers. Bring it up to shock tonight again, and test first thing tomorrow.

Sounds like a positive step. I can't thank ya'll enough for hanging with me. I know you have better things to do.

I'm trying and i know ya'll know i'm trying. And i'll keep trying.

Thanks all!!!!!!

I have followed this thread with interest. Niki, you are to be commended on your perseverance. It has always seem to take forever to clear my pool, but in the end this system works. But, I suggest you bleach before you go to work tomorrow. The last thing you want is for algae to start growing. If i were you I would bring the FC up to 17-20 in the morning and then check it again tomorrow evening. I would do this each day until your off again next week. In the meantime I would brush when I had time and let the filter do its work. One morning soon you are going to begin seeing the bottom.

Oh TXmat!!! Thank you for your kind words!!!!

I will test and report here what my numbers are and then i'll bleach my pool prior to leaving for work. Thank you.

I do homehealth and i really don't know how long my days will be. But, it's good it's only 3 days. I do work 12 hour days but a lot of my time is charting that i do from home. Usually i am home around 4 to 5 ish. Which should work out pretty good seeing that the heat of the sun will be while i'm at work.

I am happy i don't see/feel any algae. There was a ton when i started this. So, i don't want to take any chances getting that yukkie stuff back.

Oh btw the forum runs on central US time by default which is an hour behind eastern. So the posting time is -1 hour for us but all the way in CA I think that makes it +2. But you can set this in the user control panel, board preferences, my time zone.

Yeah i changed it. It was messing me up looking back at my posts and times that i tested the water. It's set now. All is well.

Oh and my son finally came home. He scrubbed a little. Did see some brown come up still...but not near what it did a couple of days ago. He will scrub a few times tomorrow while i'm at work before he goes to work and maybe the filter can help while i'm gone.

It started lightening and him standing there with a metal rod in the water was not safe. So....

Will just see what tomorrow will bring...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I hope there isn't a limit for how big a thread can be. Cause i know this one is getting long. I also realize that space on the internet costs money. I will join this site as soon as i can quit buying so much bleach and maybe even eat again!!! LOL

Ok Leebo, good idea. I'll make sure he cleans them before going to work. Funny thing, i've been getting very little in those filters since the algae is gone. Now when i was vacuuming it was leaf city. But when it's just filtering i get hardly anything. It's like those leaves weigh a ton and just float right back down.

lol@kias. right?

You know, i keep saying the wrong words. I didn't mean filter Txmat, sorry bout that. I meant the baskets. They don't ever have much in them, unless i'm vacuuming. I hope and pray the filter is doing something, yes totally!!!

I get sand on the bottom of the pool too. I am pretty sure my filter is shot though and is flushing sand out of the filter. My sand is white and very fine. I use the water tech catfish cordless vac to clean my pool and I have an old pair of my wife's nylons inside the sock to filter out this fine sand because the bag that comes with the vac is not fine enough.

Everyone is giving you great advice and you'll have a great trouble free pool soon!

NewPoolOwner12 said:
Keep at er Niki. Don't give up. Anna know why?

*hides behind something large*

Guess who went swimming today? :O

You'll get there soon girl.

She did! Had to fetch that vacuum somehow!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.