HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

jmborchers said:
Her previous data point from the last overnight at ~.7 FC loss per hour supports her current test measurement. It's on the graph.

It is totally possible with 90-95% of the organic waste removed from the pool. That FC use will suddenly drop off. It takes a large amount of FC to combat single cell organisms that are decomposing all that waste.

EWwwwwwwwww let's hope that don't happen!!! I'm enjoying using my measuring cup and watching my bleach bottles NOT disappear LOL

My loss on the sun with no Cya at the beginning of the year on 4600 gallons is about 2 FC per day. She has twice the gallons as me and roughly twice the surface area so the sun loss should be about twice too so those large burns of FC weren't coming from the sun alone.

My son just got home from work. He said he brushed the middle good today but didn't hit the sides. I don't think the sides are my problem as i was able to reach those easy and have brushed them a lot. Tomorrow he says he can brush and brush it completely 2-3 times prior to going to work.

I'm praying my water doesn't turn that brown color again.

If it does, i will then go buy some catfish and get a fishing pole.

Does one have to have a fishing license if they fish in their own pond?

Oh and ....i don't remember seeing on the chart where my FCs have stayed this consistent this long, have they? That must be a good sign!!!

Leebo, you may be right, but, my experience has taught me you have to keep some chlorine in there or the algae will start up again. She should not loose much overnight and so it will not take much to bring it back to shock level before she goes to work. That way there will be some chlorine in the pool most if not all of the day. If she does not use that little bit of chlorine and algae comes back, it will cost her far more in money and time.

I agree that if this were a normal algae outbreak that shocking as often as you can will be the best. Don't give the lifeforms the chance to come back.

However.....I'm going more on the assumption that most of what she's fighting is the leftover Baquacil that's still in the pool that was found in the middle of the water. With that being said I too am wondering if maybe the Baquacil part of the swap could be over, and she needs to switch her plan. If it's normal algae she's fighting, then one of the first steps would be to add CYA and shock. Thus keeping chlorine in the pool all day. I really wish the stupid water would change so we could see just what's on the bottom of that pool!

As for the amounts of FC lost during the day. Keep in mind your 2FC's that were lost was at the start of the season when the sun wasn't at it's strongest point. Later in the season it gets more intense, thus causing more chlorine to be lost. I'd KILL to only lose 2FC's per day at this point.....even with my CYA level in the 40's.

Morning...

Still just as cloudy. No change.

FC 7
CC 3

Lower FC than i had hoped for and higher CC. Oh well. Just another day in the non ending cloudy pool saga. LOL. I'll put some bleach in before work. For one thing, the sun isn't directly on it right now so every little bit helps. At the sunniest part of the day, i won't be around anyway.

Will check in this afternoon....have a good one.

You know i had one thought. Back when i was bacquacilling, they (the mighty pool store) had me flock. When i did that, the pool did clear up enough i could actually see down there and i could get some stuff out. The problem i found with flock is as soon as you start getting stuff out the water gets cloudy quickly again and it's a race. Just a thought. Not sure that would be a good idea or not.

I look forward to hearing what others say about using flock. I started to recommend it, but since I was not sure it was a good idea in a conversion to not make the suggestion. I have used it once and it did precipitate out a lot of stuff to the bottom which I then vacuumed to waste. As you say you are vacuuming mostly in the blind. If others who know more than me agree you could do that on your first day off. You just plan on vacuuming in a pattern so that you cover the entire bottom whether you can see it or not.

I agree Txmat. We will see what the others say. But, sorta makes sense. Right now i have no clue what is down there. The last time we vacuumed, we had very little leaves come up.

My son stirred this morning he said he saw about 6 leaves. He also made my pole a lot longer and now i can reach the middle of the pool. Just got home and stirred it myself and i counted 3 leaves that came up. Didn't see any brown ich. I did see what looked like almost a white small cloud a time or two. Not sure what in the world white stuff would be. Bleached frog parts?

Anyway, will wait and see what the consensus is. The water is still just as cloudy. Will test and show pic in a few.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Todays pics....After a stir when i got home...

100_1408.jpg

100_1409.jpg

Can't really make it out but pressure is staying right around 13-15. This is just after i backwashed.

100_1411.jpg

OMG harleysilo i don't know whether to laugh or cry.

LOL. Well, no one that knows me will ever say i'm not COMPLETELY color coordinated.

This surprises me....that little clear cylender under the pressure gauge? Also shows my water crystal clear. But...IT'S NOT!!! LOL

You and your son ate such a good sport, once it's done u won't have anymore problems it will be glorious!!! U said 2 miles from campus right? I lived within walking distance from campus for 5 years, god I miss game days nothing in the world like it!!!! Years ago I delivered food for Salvador Deli, u ever order from there? I could go for a burger from that joint right by the back of Greve Hall right. Ow can't remember it's name, has all the old soccer and tennis pictures in it.

No i don't know that place. I love game day as well. Orange everything and wonderful people these Vol fans. I used to go to football games years ago, now i stick to the Lady Vols for the most part. But, being this close and even just living in or near this city, it's still a sea of orange and white. Very special days.

Do you really think my pool will ever clear up? Truly i'm beginning to wonder if this will be going on into July and finally i'll just say...forget it, i give up. I'm not one to give up, but here it is the end of June and i started trying to get this pool going first of May so i could have a long good summer of laying in that pool. Uggg.

That darn pool is right there ready to turn clear! I think several of us are shocked that it hasn't yet. It looks like ALOT of the big stuff is out, so adding de again to the filter may help once again.

Keep at it....you're right there close to seeing major progress!

I myself have never had any luck with it at all. I have however heard people having some luck.

Never seen it done during a baquacil swap so I honestly don't know what will happen. Do you have a bottle on hand, or will you need to buy one??

Ps....I've seen that color before. This was a pic from my swap.

A few hours later with no added chlorine.....

That's a pretty pool you got there!!! Yes i've seen this color come and go and back again. I am just so afraid there is more problems. I can't help but think maybe i have a problem with the filter, maybe i don't. Just don't get why it won't clear a little every day. It's just at a stand still.

No i don't have any flock. But, if i remember it was pretty cheap even at the pool place. Like 12 bucks or something.

Don't mean to sound so negative today. And i really am not, i don't think. LOL. Just feeeeeeeeeelin it i guess.

Do you remember how many days you went from that to clear by chance?

Well it held 1 ...

FC 1
CC 2

Added 311

My son just got home. He is going to go out there with me and we are going to stir it good and i want to see what it looks like when he does it vs. when i do it and make sure i am doing it good enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.