Help Identifying Old Pool Light

nsmithca

Feb 27, 2019
FunkyFarm22
Recently bought a house with an inground pool. I estimate it was built in the 80s.

I'm looking to replace the 12v bulb and gasket but can't figure out what make or model it is.

I've tried local pool stores and they weren't sure either.

The labels on the back of the light are long gone and I'm unable to find any additional markings.

The light is 9" across the face and held together by 6 philips screws, not 10 screws, like old Anthony fixutres.

I'd really appreciate any help identifying this light!

IMG_0428.jpegIMG_0419.jpegIMG_0420.jpegIMG_0421.jpeg

Last edited:
Everything i have is pointing to Hayward, but, that thing is too old to do anything with. Even if you were able to get a bulb and gasket for it, it could very well begin to leak through the cord grommet soon, if not right away (first heat cycle). You are in a great position right now though. You can put another type of fixture and just mud in an adapter ring. That way, you won't have a brand new plaster job with an old light fixture.

I'm surprised that your builder didn't either make you change it, or just included it with the re-plaster...

PC - I was leaning H at first too..
It’s pointing to hayward in the front, but the back of fixture is looking old jandy’sh.

Anyways, it’s shot- not safe for service.
Cord degraded, fixture corroded, I would NOT let my family or customers swim with that unit.

Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.