help for my hot tub chemistry

happeee1

Jan 30, 2021
connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
hi, i have a 195gal hot tub. I am having such a hard time balancing the water. we now are getting itchy skin. i have been to the spa store and all thy do is tell me to buy chemicals and do this and that but i can't get things going .. We had this hot tub for 6 years and just in the last year I have been struggeling. These are all the chemicals i am told to use. Can anyone suggest something easier for us? Thanks for your help . IMG_3741[1].JPGIMG_3747[1].JPGIMG_3746[1].JPGIMG_3743[1].JPGIMG_3748[1].JPGIMG_3741[1].JPGIMG_3747[1].JPGIMG_3746[1].JPGIMG_3743[1].JPGIMG_3742[1].JPGIMG_3753[1].JPGIMG_3753[1].JPGIMG_3748[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3744[1].JPG
    IMG_3744[1].JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 7
Itchy skin is often an indication of bioflms in your hot tub contaminat9ing the water.

Have you ever cleaned your hot tub with Ahhsome?

There are many threads on what Ahhsome has done for other members...

Read this for an alternative way of maintaining your hot tub water chemistry...

It all starts with a good liquid test kit, not your test strips.

Itchy skin is often an indication of bioflms in your hot tub contaminat9ing the water.

Have you ever cleaned your hot tub with Ahhsome?

There are many threads on what Ahhsome has done for other members...

Read this for an alternative way of maintaining your hot tub water chemistry...

It all starts with a good liquid test kit, not your test strips.
Yes ..I used it but believe it or not it really didn’t clean out my jets that well...maybe I did it wrong but followed directions ...not much came out of jets when running or when clean watered rinse ..I ran it and left overnight ...also I posted pictures of what I got with testing strips..any help on that?..

None of the experts or regulars here use test strips, they're not accurate. You need a real test kit for anyone here to be of help. The recommended ones are the TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006. I see you're using Bromine and Dichlor, but I can't help you with that, I use straight liquid chlorine. If the test strips are remotely accurate, it seems to me like the FC levels are extremely high. I would suggest getting a good test kit and reading the stickies at the top of the page. There's one for Chlorine and one for Bromine.

If the test strips are remotely accurate, it seems to me like the FC levels are extremely high.
With that color variation I’d hazard the strip is bad or the test was done incorrectly. When I had some strips for an aquarium the color variation on a square as seen in the FC picture was usually a result of waiting too long to read the strip. The strips NEED to be compared at the time listed in the instructions.

I eventually got an aquarium liquid drop based test kit, cause the strips sucked so bad. And that was WAY before I found TFP. I’d not rely on strips for maintaining my pool or hot tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.