Dfw
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi there. Was recently messing with the suction valves to my pool, now I can’t get my pool cleaner enough suction. Does anyone have any tips to figure out what valve is what? I been walking back and forth for almost 4 hours now.

Attachments

• 36D43D6C-F589-4A58-8B75-34B572979E69.jpeg
    36D43D6C-F589-4A58-8B75-34B572979E69.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 20

It appears to me you have 4 pipes feeding your pump, not counting your spa input..

I suspect that the pipes go to skimmer 1, skimmer 2, main drain, and the pipe on the end without a valve is your suction side cleaner... But that is just a guess as no one can tell you what each pipe does for sure, as there is no universal way to do it..

You will just have to use common sense and experiment and see what you find out..

Point the handle of all three intake valves straight down.. This will result in all 4 pipes being wide open..

Then... starting with the manual valve next to your automated valve, turn the handle of the first valve so that the handle points straight up.. This will shut off the pipe directly below the valve..

Now go out and see what is not working.. Remove the skimmer basket and feel the suction.. If the suction in one of the skimmers is off you will then know what valve controls what skimmer

I suspect that the last valve in your set up has the main drain coming into the bottom of the valve and the suction cleaner comes into the side.. If that is true, then shutting off most of the main drain, will open most of the cleaner.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Then label everything! If you're like me, you'll forget one or more valves the next time you go to use one. Heck, I've already forgotten half of what Jim wrote in his post!! 🤪

A Sharpie, or if you're inclined you'll find all sorts of versions of these guys on Amazon:

Repairmen, other folks in your house, and the next owner will all appreciate labels.

Big texas Thank you!!!!! Here’s what I got on labeling, I don’t get any response on the second from far right. Main drain possibly? I got the pool cleaner running on these settings. What my issue now is: before I started messing with them the vacuum would run both skimmers would have good intake and the water fall worked, I’ve now got everything working but the waterfall is just a trickle. Keeping the main drain pretty much off best bet? Any benefit to having it on at all for daily use/running the cleaner?

Attachments

• 3A44397A-296E-4D77-988F-63DED6CFE9F5.jpeg
    3A44397A-296E-4D77-988F-63DED6CFE9F5.jpeg
    769.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
All those valves are not just "on and off." You can turn any or all part way to adjust flow, which can give you different amounts of flow across all the components. The more valves you have, the trickier it gets, because each adjustment will affect all the components, not just the one you're adjusting. So it's literally a balancing act. You just have to do trial and error until you get it right. Then take a picture of the valve settings because some kid will try to fly your pad into outer space, and when he tries to increase the plasma flow to the star drive he may not realize he's going to throw the phasers and torpedos out of sync with your space/time continuum.

Reactions: Megamix068
I think some folks here remove the handles from the valves that don't need constant turning, to keep "inquisitive hands" from messing with adjustments. I still remember the tanning I got from playing in my uncle's farm's irrigation shed. I almost had the aliens licked, too, if I'da had just a few more minutes. Unfortunately, he was more interested in his crops than the fate of the entire human race... :alien:

The water going to your waterfall should have nothing to do with the valves in front of your pump.. :scratch:

Do you have a standalone waterfall or are you talking about the spillover from your spa???

If your spa spillover is weak, that is either a return valve setting or more likely a dirty filter.

Show us some pics of the top row of valves on the right hand side.. What is the little ball valve for?? It is closed.

I agree, the pipe that you did not label is the main drain.. I would open it about 5%

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.