Help Deciding on A Robot

CrystalSun

Silver Supporter
Jul 12, 2017
Brooklyn
Hi All!

I am looking to buy a robot for the first time. Pool is approx 28" X 40" odd shaped pool (picture attached). I have lots of debris from trees
I have looked at the Dolphin Quantum, Dolphin Premier, Dolphin S200, Polaris 9550, and Pentair Warrior SE

Which one would be doing the best job for me? Do they clean the steps too?

I don't mind the price as long as it is worth it. A better job is more important than a quicker job

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG-1007.jpg
    IMG-1007.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 44
I’m newish to this and I bought the Dolphin Sigma as my first unit after a lot of reading and love it. I don’t have anything to compare it too, but it is performing flawlessly so far.

The only minor drawback is that it only offers one cleaning mode, which is a full clean of course But It has DC motors so it’s cheap to operate and it works.

The s200, quantum and warrior at a quick look are the same machine. Possible some feature such as bluetooth is different. I didn’t look that close at the details. Dolphin puts out a lot of the same robot with different names including licensing to other companies i.e. pentair. I and many others on this have one of these and they work great.

I dont have personal experience with much beyond the s200 type cleaner. The premier probably works fine. It has a bag not a basket which ive heard some on here not love as its harder to empty and clean out.

I don’t know anything about the polaris.

You’ve got a pool in Brooklyn!!?? That’s awesome! I thought the borough was an endless series of brownstones with tiny backyards!!

Last edited:
I’m newish to this and I bought the Dolphin Sigma as my first unit after a lot of reading and love it. I don’t have anything to compare it too, but it is performing flawlessly so far.

The only minor drawback is that it only offers one cleaning mode, which is a full clean of course But It has DC motors so it’s cheap to operate and it works.
This is a pricy machine! Can anyone else weigh in?
DOLPHIN Proteus DX4 Automatic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083YWJ5PQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the one I bought about a year ago. I like it and it works well for my needs.
The s200, quantum and warrior at a quick look are the same machine. Possible some feature such as bluetooth is different. I didn’t look that close at the details. Dolphin puts out a lot of the same robot with different names including licensing to other companies i.e. pentair. I and many others on this have one of these and they work great.

I dont have personal experience with much beyond the s200 type cleaner. The premier probably works fine. It has a bag not a basket which ive heard some on here not love as its harder to empty and clean out.

I don’t know anything about the polaris.

You’ve got a pool in Brooklyn!!?? That’s awesome! I thought the borough was an endless series of brownstones with tiny backyards!!
Thanks so much for all replies

Quantum and Warrior are the same and the Quantum is $300 more just because?

We have a pool in Brooklyn! Problem is that because there are not many pools here I can't find any good pool service company to fix a leak. Any recommendations?

Quantum and Warrior are the same and the Quantum is $300 more just because?l

I only scanned the specs quickly. The quantum might have had the upgraded controls (bluetooth etc) which you probably never use but which the dealers definitely charge for. Maybe it came with the caddy (which can be useful). Or someone might just be trying to get $300 more for same thing which definitely happens. It definitely looked to me like the robots were all the same basic make (controls and accessories aside) which was my point.

What kind of leak? Give details with pictures and you’ll get advice here. If its basic pvc plumbing work thats often a diy fix. If you’re talking from the pool shell, that can be a major issue.

The Polaris Freedom seems like it might be the first cordless unit to be on par with the corded units. It’s still very new, so not a lot of reviews. There is a thread on here for it.

For corded units, most people on here recommend the S200 type.

My knowledge is all from research. I don’t have experience with any of them. I am going to buy the freedom next time they run a sale. I plan to also use the Betta SE to skim, so with cordless I can run them at the same time. Plus no cord makes it easier to store when not in use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.