Help! Can’t Find Leak in Intex Ultra Frame

Aug 1, 2016
Springfield, MA
Hello! I’m a newbie! ?
We have an Intex Ultra Frame Salt Water Pool. I forget the dimensions, it’s big. ? This is the third summer we have owned it, last summer we noticed that the water level kept going down. I wasted about $300 by refilling it and trying to find the leak. I never did so we missed out on half of a summer worth of swimming. We love our pool and I am determined to figure this out. I need help as my sweet husband is not AT ALL handy.
After snow and rain, the water level is always at the same line. So this tells me it is not a leak in the bottom of the pool. It must be above the water line. I have felt all around and I do not see or feel any holes or tears.
And the water is below the hoses for the filter and pump so I can’t clean the water. ?
Does anyone have any advice? Please? Praying to the pool gods out there! ?❤️
(Photos are of how it looked at the beginning of last summer and the end of the summer. And the other is how the pool looks now.)39A56232-6603-4D52-BBDB-9191ACC977A6.jpegDFCDBEE7-2F7B-43AB-B024-513FB46A0A99.jpeg

Welcome to TFP! :wave: So has the water level stopped dropping where we see it in the top pic? Generally, where the water stops dropping is where we look aggresively for the leaky area. At some point however, you may have to clear the water (via a TFP SLAM Process) to actually see what you're dealing with. There are good vinyl patch kits out there, but you need to see the location to fix it. Another possibility is to drain a bit more water to help with the SLAM Process process.

Be sure to visit our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and make sure you have a proper test kit to help you with the SLAM. We recommend the TF-100 (see link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C. See Test Kits Compared for details.

Let us know if you have more questions.

I am with Pat here... both the top, and the bottom pictures show the water at the same level. Chances are your leak is somewhere around the pool at THAT level.

Given the pool type it would (should) be obvious where the water is coming from. It will leak more with more pressure; if the pool is full to the top you might be able to see it spray out. I'd pay special attention to the base of the legs; if the hole is in front of one of those you'll notice a puddle at the base of one. I'd think you would have noticed it already if it were in the open.

Also, while unlikely it's possible to you have a hole in the bottom that simply slows to a trickle as the pressure slows. If the water is clear you can stomp on the floor and look for little tufts of mud coming up if there's a hole in the bottom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.