May 10, 2022
Avon, Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello!

I’m Brett, a 34 year old married father of 3 and have owned a pool for 4 years. I started with an a above ground Kayak 12’x20’ that I bought off of Craigslist and completely rebuilt at my previous home. Then we bought a place with an 18x36 concrete vinyl liner pool and it has been fun learning about pool maintenance over the years. At first I was going to a local pool store where they really pushed the chemical purchases on you but provided “free” testing. Last season was my first full season of testing with a Taylor kit myself and it went pretty well overall. After opening this season I’m currently looking at needing to partially drain/refill to lower my CYA from 117 down to a more reasonable level. I’ve signed up on here because I had an automatic pool cover installed in 2020 and the pool care requirements changed dramatically after the install. Last season I kept needing to add soda ash to maintain PH levels and I even aerated a few times to bring it up. Products I am currently using are all Leslie’s which I found to be reasonably affordable but many products are stabilized with CYA and it seems that I don’t evaporate and replenish enough water during the season to keep the CYA down. I’m looking forward to pool school and learning a new pool care method!