Mar 2, 2024
Clayton, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello All!
I live near Raleigh, NC and I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a 15x26 above ground pool with a saltwater generator. I have absolutely zero knowledge of pools and I’m currently suffering from analysis paralysis. This looks like a great forum to learn how to manage your pool, but I’m not even sure I’m making the right decisions about equipment. I’m getting a quote from Rising Sun Pools, and it just seems like I have to juggle a thousand decisions with them…and I don’t know what I’m doing! Where can I get help to make sure I’m buying the correct setup?

Hello All, I live near Raleigh, NC, and despite the fact that I’m pushing 60, I’m looking at buying our first pool. The house builder made sure that every square inch of the yard where you’d want an in-ground pool has septic lines….so it looks like I’m going the Above Ground route. I’m using Rising Sun Pools, and they immediately tried to push that Frog Pool stuff on me. Everything I read here is that’s a big NO. So that puts a distaste in my mouth. After telling them they I don’t want the Frog system, they proposed a 15x26x54 Pandora all resin pool with composite walls. And standard sand filter and a Haywood 2-speed pump. With a Aqautrol System as the SWG. Bunch of other stuff on the quote, but that’s the meat of it. Is there anything else I should be considering?

Welcome! :wave: Don't worry, TFP has your back. Ask for a specs list with your quote and come back here to show us. You can black-out their company name or any personal info you don't want us to see. We only care about the pool, equipment, and any prep work they have planned. We'll so a sanity check for you.

I see you already created a thread in AGP section for your build. Perfect! :goodjob: We'll walk you through everything over there and keep this thread just for the intro formalities. Enjoy the forum. :swim:

Good job declining the Frog. Check to see what size the SWG is. Always best to have one rated for at least 2X the size of your pool. You might ask about the plumbing connections and if they use unions at the filter multiport valve to make maintenance easier on you later for disconnecting. Base prep is very important, so check to ensure you are comfortable with how the excavate, level, and prep the base. You might also confirm the filter size. Feel free to post their specs sheet when they give it to you. If "should" be specific and list each item's details.

Rising Sun Pools has surprisingly not provided much in details about the equipment. From what I can find online the Aquatrol SWG is rated for up to 18,000 gals, and I believe a 15 x 26 x 54 pool should be around 10,300 gals.

Ladder/steps could be a consideration. Steps are much easier to get into a pool vs a ladder. We bought the Confer step system, we like it and it makes getting into and out of the pool easier for us. The one drawback is its heavy to get out of the pool for winterizing but luckily we have 2 young sons to rely on! 🤣 We had to get the locking gate system due to code.

Quick question, I see a lot of references to the BBB method in the forums, but I can’t find anything about it. Is that the same as the TFP method?

BBB was the original moniker -- it represents Bleach Borax Baking Soda. Most pools only need bleach and acid. So the moniker was evolved to TroubleFree Pool Care.

Reactions: JoCoSteve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support