Hello from southeastern Virginia

Cwright561

May 15, 2020
Yorktown, Virginia
Hi all. I am new to this site, but now new to pools. I've used various pool store tests and advice, but I'm trying to do it on my own.
I have a 22,500 gallon in-ground pool with a SWG. I took the safety cover off a month ago, but it has been unusually cool this spring. I bought a solar cover a couple of weeks ago and have a home-made solar water heater on my deck. Yesterday the pool hit 71F. Now I'm trying to decide what I need to put in the water to keep it nice.
I was wondering how to determine how much shock therapy to apply when I came on this web site so I thought I would give it a try.

Is there anyone else out there living in Hampton Roads?

Enter your test results in your Poolmath app and we can provide guidance.
What does your pool water look like?

Please fill out your signature. Helps us help you.

I have a test kit, but I don't think it does all the TF-100 does. That might be my first upgrade of the year
Do you heat your pool or let it warm up naturally?
While I have a heater, I use it just at the end of the season a bit. Or when my wife is going to get in since she likes it almost bathwater warm :). Right now though, my water is cold given the weather we've had lately. Hopefully with the upcoming warmer weather she'll get up to temps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just bought a solar cover this year and have a little pump circulating water through black garden hoses on my deck. The water was 71F yesterday evening. A little cold for me, but my three-year-old grandson would get in it if it has ice in it if I let him. We may try it out tonight or tomorrow depending on how the chemistry looks.

I have a test kit, but I don't think it does all the TF-100 does. That might be my first upgrade of the year
Do you heat your pool or let it warm up naturally?

Definitely get one of the recommended test kits!

Between that and following the methods taught here, you will big money, time, and aggravation!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.