Hello from Arlington, TX

Oct 26, 2016
Arlington, TX
Hello TFP peeps. My family and I bought a house with a pool last December and so far not so bad. However, I am doing thigs myself and boy am I feeling overwhelmed. Booster pump is leaking, moss is growing in pool, and we have 3 boys and both work full time!!! Hopefully I find some great info on this site. I was refered to this site by a member of our Sunday school class who is an engineer and if he can do it, so can I, I hope?!? So, let the fun begin

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Can you do it? .... ABSOLUTELY! Make sure though that you have the "right" test kit. That's #1. I recommend the TF-100 (link below), but a Taylor K-2006C will also work. Everything you do to your water hinges on tests from one of those kits. Also please checkout the other links below in my signature which will help a great deal. Don't forget to update your signature as well so we know all of your pool info down the road. Nice to have you with us.

How do I figure out my Gallons of my pool? It's a pretty big pool (I think?). Sort of kidney shaped? Like I said prior, we moved in last December and only have literature on the variable speed pump.

Pool Volume Calculator | PENTAIR

H2O Company, Inc - Kidney Pool Gallon Calculator

Also, add your pool info into your signature. The email you got when you joined tells you how to do this. It will greatly help the experts here help,you.

And get a Taylor K2006 or TF-100 kit ASAP. Since you have Moss, you will likely want the extra reagent option if you go with thr Tf-100.