Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

nini, You are SO in control already with all of the questions you have been asking about everything. It has been a learning experience for me as well!

Build YOUR pool for YOU! Get what YOU want (or I want LOL)

It is SO normal when you are faced with such a BIG thing-big money, big investment, long term commitment.

Just think of all of the poor people who are doing builds without TFP! SCARY!

Hugs! We have you covered!

Kim

Kim-if I WERE in control, these utility people would have had this business done by now!! :)

I'm grateful to have you all!

Time to start talking to supervisors! You and I both KNOW there is NO way they can/will be out there at the same time!

Wait...........find out who works in your area and bribe them! Maybe stalk the repair people and see what THEY say about being there on XX day!

Kim

Those are the kind of details my pool builder was paid to take care of. Once I signed my contract the only things I did (other than the required payments) was sign the HOA submission and the gas company request of a larger meter. Everything else was the PB's problem.

Those are the kind of details my pool builder was paid to take care of. Once I signed my contract the only things I did (other than the required payments) was sign the HOA submission and the gas company request of a larger meter. Everything else was the PB's problem.

So you did not have to ask him to do it? He just did it on his own? You know what? He IS being paid to build the pool. In order to build this pool this work needs to be done so the PB should be able to take care of this.

Kim (used to having to take care of this kind of stuff on my own. It would be neat to have someone else to take care of it)

I honestly thought it would be as simple as having Okie mark the lines, then call the various utilities and schedule the work. I had no idea it would be a solid month of run-around! Delays with the PB are one thing- I am expecting that. This, however, seems a bit ridiculous.

I spoke with the engineer from the electric company and told her what the phone company said about needing to coordinate. She told me they were not going to do that. They plan on doing their own thing and advised me not to worry about it.
I called Cox and the phone company again yesterday. Both said someone will call me. I guess if their lines get "accidentally" cut, it'll be on them to fix it. At least the biggie (electric) is planned and gonna happen.
I plan to call them again on Monday and ask for the people in charge.

They're here! They're here!
After 4 weeks of phone calls, the telephone company is here and they are moving their line! I'm so excited- ACUTUAL HOLES WILL BE DUG! Lol!

Now I can just pray that the electric gets moved earlier than their estimate, otherwise, it will be a loooong 3 weeks for this girl!

Pictures will be forth coming once they get going :)

Kim- I didn't have to call them this morning :)

image_zpsazlmzyz5.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsk1if7tef.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So ...what happened with them HAVING to be there at the same time????

Ou happy day with someone working!!

Kim

Lol! I don't know! I'm just glad they showed up!

- - - Updated - - -

You'll be swimming in no time :)

I seem to remember that your plaster is scheduled for April, Helen. Maybe we will both have our pools done about the same time!

- - - Updated - - -

Great news!!! So exciting! Others would think we are crazy to say that moving a phone line is something to get excited about!

True! I'm glad I have a place to go where people "get it".

- - - Updated - - -

LOL so true BUT it at least is something happen BECAUSE SHE IS GETTING A POOL!

Kim

Today was a very happy day because SOMETHING is always better than NOTHING!!

In pool building it is very exciting to have any progress! I remember getting excited about gravel being left in my front curb; somehow, it was exciting, even though it was annoying!!! Progress. Oh, and I was so excited about the electrical trench! But gunite was the best (except for plaster of course)! Hang in there. I love love my backyard oasis. You will too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In pool building it is very exciting to have any progress! I remember getting excited about gravel being left in my front curb; somehow, it was exciting, even though it was annoying!!! Progress. Oh, and I was so excited about the electrical trench! But gunite was the best (except for plaster of course)! Hang in there. I love love my backyard oasis. You will too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jannylee!! Nice of you to stop by!
lol on the gravel! Absolutely ANYTHING that signals forward motion is exciting! I think only those in the process of doing any build project understands it.

Met with the PB today. Made a bunch of changes... *sigh*
My sister went with me to look at samples. She was a great help to bounce things off of and has basically the same taste in things as me. She really helped me work through things, pick out my stone, tile and plaster. We will go back when it's sunny to confirm the choices. Today was SUPER cold, windy and cloudy.
Gotta get out my pen and paper, and figure out my budget changes and allocations.

I need this build to start so I can quit changing things! :)

I have a TBI from a brain tumor and DDD in my spine that one hart attack and one stroke later the one relief I found is putting on my old water ski life jack and get in our pool and basically just lay back in the vest and 'wait for the boat'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a TBI from a brain tumor and DDD in my spine that one hart attack and one stroke later the one relief I found is putting on my old water ski life jack and get in our pool and basically just lay back in the vest and 'wait for the boat'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry to hear of your physical struggles! That's awesome that your pool provides a respite for you!

Blessings!
Denise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.