Heaved spa

KevinOD

Apr 19, 2021
Marilla, NY
I have an inground pool with a Latham spillover spa. The water drained out of the spa, because of a leaky three way valve, last summer and the spa heaved a few inches on one end. Any ideas how to get the spa back in the ground?C6D9B243-A10E-4EFF-ACBF-7BAD4FFFB5A3.jpeg

Welcome to TFP.

The question is did any of the plumbing to the spa crack when it heaved?

I think you may need to demo the deck around it so you can get under the spa and see the conditions of the pipes and the ground under the spa. Depending on what you find you may need to cut the pipes, lift the spa and reseat it, and replumb it.

Did you try filling the spa and see if it settles back in place?

@jimmythegreek ideas?

It looks like you will either need to completely remove it & fix the base or live with it & cover up the gap with something. If it doesn’t affect operation I would probably do the latter & try to seal it up well so water/ varmits don’t make their way under there.

It looks like the concrete deck is cracked in a few places. As Jimmy said, water will get under the deck and spa and the winter freezes will worsen the cracks.

The long term fix is to demo the deck, remove and replace the spa, pour a new deck with a proper base, and seal everything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.