Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My LX heater had one error last week that I fixed by cleaning the sensor rod

This week it says Air sw error

Googling suggests that the blower may have issues

if the blower is the issue and the blower are apparently no longer available Im looking at a new heater

Ive read here a BUNCH of recommendations suggesting Raypak is a good choice
They offer MANY different models - a dizzying array.

a Couple questions
Do the raypaks integrate with a Jandy controller ?

At $2000 to $3000 for the heater whats is the typical install cost ? Any ideas ?

Ive called a local service guy ... Want to be ready when they recommend a new heater

I would also take recommendations for local installers

May also look at having solar installed

Motors for the LX are available. Parts4heating.com: Pool Heater Parts Jandy LX / LT

As for the Raypak, great replacement unit if you have to. Yes it will integrate with any controller out there.

I'm in FL but a typical cost around here if you buy the unit and have someone else install it, it would around $500 give or take.

Also, keep in mind that with Raypak and a few others, if you buy off the internet you might have issues with the warranty. Just make sure the person you pay to install is properly licensed and get am invoice with all of their info including any state/county license business numbers. In FL you have to a pool contractors license and a gas license to do this type of work.

the part exists in the parts list BUT of you drill down

Our Price: $0.01

Availability:: Currently Unavailable
Product Code: R0329800 Qty:

Its currently unavailable everywhere

I would buy the heater from the local guy assuming the markup wasnt crazy

Sorry about that I didn't look at it closely.

Have you taken the old one out to see if anything looks weird about it? Did you check the air tube to make sure it hadn't been chewed on by a rodent?

There is a used one on Ebay.

I havent

I havent taken it apart further than taking the front off

all the rest was behind the other panels

I searched and searched for a pdf that shows where the switches and stuff are and how to take what apart to get to them ...

After my issues with the burner coming apart in my hand when trying to be sure the orifices are open Im a little scared.

If I could know where they are I would order and replace the pressure switch and the other one just to get it working better and my SO off my back since she likes using the hot tub

The Heater is likely 2005 vintage.
Since I spent a BUNCH on plaster and AB and Tile this year Id love to get it working with out replacing it but 12 years on a heater is pretty good

Bdavis
Thanks for the link

That is the Millivolt version
They also sell an
electronic version control w no pilot
Do you have a preference ? Any reason not to use the Electronic version and not burn gas for pilot all year ?

Also offer an Asme version
and a cupronickel version

Is the Cupro nickel worth the $100 ?
Some places say ASME are commercial heaters -
Is the ASME version worth the Extra $200 ?

Lots of posts here recommend cupro nickel
If ASME is better and will last longer seems a easy choice to spend $400 for the ASME cupronickle version

Differences in Swimming Pool Heaters - INYOPools.com

Recommends cupronickle for Salt pools

Thanks in advance

Cupro nickel is often mentioned here as a non essential upgrade.
Upgraded or not, as long as ph is maintained the standard
exchanger will last just as long.

ASME is mainly for commercial use, so I wouldn't get that kind.

I would definitely go with an electronic ignition unit.

I replaced my old lars lite2 with a RayPak 266k btu heater earlier
this year. worked great this season. PR266AEN.
The total bill for replacement was just under 2,000.

You should go with the 400k btu unit looking at your pool size.
Is that what the old heater was? Need to be sure they
match so you don't need to repipe the gas line.

Cupro nickel is often mentioned here as a non essential upgrade.
Upgraded or not, as long as ph is maintained the standard
exchanger will last just as long.

ASME is mainly for commercial use, so I wouldn't get that kind.

I would definitely go with an electronic ignition unit.

I replaced my old lars lite2 with a RayPak 266k btu heater earlier
this year. worked great this season. PR266AEN.
The total bill for replacement was just under 2,000.

You should go with the 400k btu unit looking at your pool size.
Is that what the old heater was? Need to be sure they
match so you don't need to repipe the gas line.

Yes its a laars 400

Thanks

Since there is no fan Im hoping it will be quieter than the laars ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The blower in my LX heater went out a year ago. I was able to find an OEM replacement blower on eBay (R0455600) for around $320 and had a local technician provide the labor.

The blower in my LX heater went out a year ago. I was able to find an OEM replacement blower on eBay (R0455600) for around $320 and had a local technician provide the labor.
R0455600 is for an LXi

from the PDF i found I'm looking for
Part number 21 - Blower Assy - R0329800
and part 22 Gasket / Blower MOunting Hardware R0329900

The Ro329800 is not available anywhere and I cant find a link that shows the parts are interchangeable
And this note on Amazon for that part says "Hi there,
If you have a LXI heater the R0455600 will be the correct part number for the blower assembly. If you have a LX/LT heater the part number for the blower assembly will be R0329800.
These are two different blowers they are not interchangeable with one another.
Thanks for reaching out!
Julie
Zodiac see less "

I have to ask myself, do I spend $400 plus install on a part that may not work for a 12 year old heater thats is $2000 to replace ...

I wish I knew why they went with Low Nox to start with ...

Probably to meet California Air Resource Board requirements... You need a permit to fart around here

Yeah but IM in Texas

We dont have those kinds of rules typically

- - - Updated - - -

The fan is locked up

I can't figure out how to get side and top off to check fan IMG_20171103_102229.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Probably to meet California Air Resource Board requirements... You need a permit to fart around here

Yeah but IM in Texas

We dont have those kinds of rules typically

Jandy lx heater issues - YouTube

I figured out how to open the thing

Its actually in the PDF where is shows how to reverse the water flow .. Duh

Its easy
For the next guy like me who googles it ... The front panel above the opening is the "raceway" cover its held w 2 screws from below
Once you slide the raceway cover down you will see 2 more screws that hold the top on
You have to unscrew the blower exit AND The 2 screws holding the Panel - take the panel out and turn it so it sits on the heater that way you can lift the top off ...

The motor on the fan is the issue in my case

the motor turns, and the fan turns, easy but it makes the noise you hear in the video above

Im wondering if its just the CAP on the side that is keeping the motor from kicking over

Or since the fan assembly isnt available
if it is possible to simply buy the motor

https://www.amazon.com/FASCO-U62B1-71625179-GENTEQ-JC0532680/dp/B01D1IQQ50

So the fan spins when you turn it by hand but won't start when the heater is on? Yes it could be the start/run capacitor. If yo had a clamp on amp meter you could find out. Although the capacitors aren't very expensive.

As far as replacing the motor, good luck. I have been working on pool heaters for 10 years+ and I have yet to find one where I can get the fan off of the motor shaft. I do not believe the motor you showed from Amazon is the correct one. The shaft on this motor isn't that long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.