Heater just went.. need recommendations for new

ABC12

Mar 24, 2018
Florida
Been a while since on this site.

15,500 gal salt water pool. The heater that we had when bought the house just went.

Would love a few recommendations for good pool heaters. Just starting my research, so I’d really appreciate any advice on what to look for in a new heater, good features to have, new tech etc.

Thank you all!

Separately- is now the time to make any other changes to my equipment or if things are running smoothly just keep as is? Ultimately will probably need a new SWG soon, and would like to make my system “smarter” - ie controlled from phone/web

(Had a signature way back when, hopefully it posts automatically, if not let me know what other info you need).

Last edited:
Found my old signature (got a new pump about a year ago, but the rest should be correct).

POOL NOOB: Size: 15,500 Gal, Type: Plaster/Concrete IG pool, Filter: Hayward Star Cleaner - Cartridge Filter, Pump: Hayward Max-Flo, Heat Pump: AquaCal Heatwave Superquiet, SWG: Pool Pilot Digital by Autopilot, Test Kit: Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD Chlorine

Your signature shows a Heat Pump -- best to define what you are looking for. Heater typically implies a gas/propane pool heater.

What’s the difference?
A heat pump uses electricity to pull heat out of the air and transfer it to the water. A Heater uses (in most cases) natural gas or propane to burn and transfers heat to the water.

I believe you have a Heat Pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.