Chicago
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We have a pool with built in spa and screenlogic system. The heater should either heat the pool or the spa, but it seems this doesn't work and hot water comes out of both jets in the pool and spa when we switch n the heater with the app. I hope it's an easy fix but not really sure where to start looking.

Adding a picture of the setup, I tried to do some searching but can't easily find how this would work. Assume the valve should automatically turn based on the screenlogic setting.

Hope someone has a good tip, documentation or a video to point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpeg
    IMG_4449.jpeg
    783.1 KB · Views: 15
What automation system do you have?

Your pool/spa return valve is set to send water to both the pool and spa in the pic you posted.

Was that pic taken in POOL mode or SPA mode?

Post pics of your suction and return valves in POOL mode and SPA mode.

With the spa and pool at equal level Dors it make a difference that heated water is flowing to the pool and spa? It all gets mixed together.

Thanks for the replies so far. It does make a difference in my experience, at least last year we kept the pool heat out and just heated the spa and it would heat up in an hour or so. Now its heating up both pool and spa and it takes longer to heat, and is also heating the pool unnecessarily. Of course its not the biggest deal in the world, but would like to see if I can fix it myself without the help of an expert.

Adding two more pics, from this morning. Indeed we have an Easytouch system and use the Screenlogic app. The valve is stuck in that position and does not move if I change the heat between pool or spa. I am assuming the automation should change the positioning based on the selection in the app or on the Easytouch.

Attachments

• IMG_6313.JPEG
    IMG_6313.JPEG
    465 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6314.JPEG
    IMG_6314.JPEG
    387.9 KB · Views: 7
.The valve is stuck in that position and does not move if I change the heat between pool or spa. I am assuming the automation should change the positioning based on the selection in the app or on the Easytouch.

That is your problem. As Marty said find the toggle switch on side of the actuator.

The switch has 3 positions - ON1-OFF-ON2. Check the switch is not OFF. Move the switch between ON1 and ON2. If the valve does not rotate when moving the toggle switch then we need to dig in further.

The valve is stuck in that position and does not move if I change the heat between pool or spa.
It is on a different position in the photos today from the photo yesterday (not by much, but different) so I'm going to guess the cams got loosened and it just needs to have the cams reset.
Since your pool and spa are at the same level and I don't see a makeup, I would imagine you either have spillover enabled in easytouch or the valve was cammed to allow some amount of return to always be directed to spa. Do you recall which is the case?

That is your problem. As Marty said find the toggle switch on side of the actuator.

The switch has 3 positions - ON1-OFF-ON2. Check the switch is not OFF. Move the switch between ON1 and ON2. If the valve does not rotate when moving the toggle switch then we need to dig in further.

This was the problem indeed, couldn't see the switch from where I was standing earlier. Thank you very much for all your replies!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.