Hayward XE Super pump to OmniLogic

tingler0

Jun 1, 2022
Murfreesboro, TN
Newbie alert! Sorry, if this is already been asked that I did look and couldn’t find answers. I’m trying to connect the low-voltage wires from the pump to the OmniLogic. The manual provided pictures and diagrams of other pumps but not the one I have I have the Hayward XE super pump VS and the Omni logic. The trouble I’m having is finding the connection inside the back of my pop there’s no bus bar for me to connect the wires into. Can anyone assist with this?

Thank you in advance

Do you have a Super Pump XE or a Super Pump VS?

I have I have the Hayward XE super pump VS

There is no XE Super Pump VS.

Thank you but this is not my pump I have the Hayward Super pump XE.

Post pics of the pump you have showing the model number from the wet end of the pump.

With Hayward pumps we need model numbers not names.

Thank you but this is not my pump I have the Hayward Super pump XE.
From the Super Pump XE manual (italics added):

"Controlling the XE pump with a Pool Automation Control
The XE line of pumps can be controlled by automation controls using an ON/OFF output. This operation uses the automation control’s high voltage relay to apply/ remove power to the pump. If your pool automation control features a schedule function for the relay output, the pump can be turned on and off daily at preset times and be allowed to run for a fixed amount of time. Because there is no means of communication to the XE pumps, the automation control will not be able to offer remote programming or speed control, it will only turn the pump on and off to run the programmed daily schedule. The most common application may be to run the pump at a single speed by setting all Interval speeds the same and have the pool control power it on and off each day. If various speeds are desired, combine Interval programming with the pool control’s schedule to gain more control over the pump’s operation. For example, you can control the exact amount of run time and end the operation in the middle of any Interval. Restarting the pump will always restart the daily schedule at Interval 1 so running two or more schedules in one day will allow you to repeat Interval(s) within a 24 hour period. This type of control is not available if the pump is connected to constant power. When using a pool automation control, input wiring to the XE pump shown on page 8 will come directly from the relay output of the control. Refer to your specific pool control’s manual for these wiring instructions."
shopping

Last edited:
I think he is talking about the XE pump. I have this pump and unfortunately it's very rudimentary with limited scheduling capabilities. You can not control various speed and times (even via automation). As described above, you can set up to 8 different speeds in 4 hours/ 8 hour and 12 hours intervals, that's it. I run 4 hours on 1750 RPM, then the next 7 hours on 1200 RPM, then turn off the pump, and it starts up again the next morning on a timer.

From the Super Pump XE manual (italics added):

"Controlling the XE pump with a Pool Automation Control
The XE line of pumps can be controlled by automation controls using an ON/OFF output. This operation uses the automation control’s high voltage relay to apply/ remove power to the pump. If your pool automation control features a schedule function for the relay output, the pump can be turned on and off daily at preset times and be allowed to run for a fixed amount of time. Because there is no means of communication to the XE pumps, the automation control will not be able to offer remote programming or speed control, it will only turn the pump on and off to run the programmed daily schedule. The most common application may be to run the pump at a single speed by setting all Interval speeds the same and have the pool control power it on and off each day. If various speeds are desired, combine Interval programming with the pool control’s schedule to gain more control over the pump’s operation. For example, you can control the exact amount of run time and end the operation in the middle of any Interval. Restarting the pump will always restart the daily schedule at Interval 1 so running two or more schedules in one day will allow you to repeat Interval(s) within a 24 hour period. This type of control is not available if the pump is connected to constant power. When using a pool automation control, input wiring to the XE pump shown on page 8 will come directly from the relay output of the control. Refer to your specific pool control’s manual for these wiring instructions."
shopping
Well that really sucks that Pool Warehouse sold me this pump with the Omnilogic automation controls when I can't use it for my pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well that really sucks that Pool Warehouse sold me this pump with the Omnilogic automation controls when I can't use it for my pump.
Yes, it does. It's sold as a low-budget yet efficient pump. You sacrifice features for price, but I bet you paid just as much as a good VS pump anyway.

Taken from their brochure here

1690400061954.png

You can use it, you just don't have the control a different pump would give. Ultimately, it won't really make a lot of difference as once a setting is made for any particular pool it is seldom changed. Have only changed the settings on my VSP once in over a decade.
Or, if it wasn't installed, it may be returnable for a different model, but they will cost more. Hayward hit a price point with that pump that will work for the majority of pool owners.

You can use it, you just don't have the control a different pump would give. Ultimately, it won't really make a lot of difference as once a setting is made for any particular pool it is seldom changed. Have only changed the settings on my VSP once in over a decade.
Or, if it wasn't installed, it may be returnable for a different model, but they will cost more. Hayward hit a price point with that pump that will work for the majority of pool owners.
I agree - once you set it for your pool, you really do not need to change it much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.