Hayward purchase on Amazon

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
Does anyone know if Hayward honors a warranty for a new SWG (entire system) when purchased on Amazon? Their warranty page specifies "Hayward authorized seller" but didn't know if that included Amazon. I emailed them but haven't received a response.

Background: I am replacing a T-9 cell, but moving to the 15. My current system had a lightning strike last fall and nothing in the Hayward troubleshooting guide has helped. (The cell was dead anyway and needed to be replaced last year, but glad I didn't after the lightning.) I replaced both the main board and display with no change. There is power going to the unit from the breaker, but nothing else. After 1.5 hours on hold, Hayward was zero help. I got a clueless rep who insisted the software revision was the cell # (T-9), then she got mad when I asked to be transferred to someone else. I didn't even bother asking other questions after the software question. (I was asking because of considering purchasing a non-OEM replacement board.).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Hayward honors a warranty for a new SWG (entire system) when purchased on Amazon? Their warranty page specifies "Hayward authorized seller" but didn't know if that included Amazon. I emailed them but haven't received a response.

Background: I am replacing a T-9 cell, but moving to the 15. My current system had a lightning strike last fall and nothing in the Hayward troubleshooting guide has helped. (The cell was dead anyway and needed to be replaced last year, but glad I didn't after the lightning.) I replaced both the main board and display with no change. There is power going to the unit from the breaker, but nothing else. After 1.5 hours on hold, Hayward was zero help. I got a clueless rep who insisted the software revision was the cell # (T-9), then she got mad when I asked to be transferred to someone else. I didn't even bother asking other questions after the software question. (I was asking because of considering purchasing a non-OEM replacement board.).

Thanks in advance for your help!
A tiny bit off topic, but can you put in a surge protector? If they are high due to being 240v, you can run your SWG on 120v and get an inexpensive one.
Regarding Hayward SWG, IMO their warranty is short for such a high priced item. Circupool is longer, tech support is great and you don’t feel rushed.
You might discuss board interchangeably with them after member RJ-45 checks in.

Reactions: appstategrad
@RJ-45 the OP is asking about buying an Aquarite system on Amazon and what warranty he can expect or if he buys a non-OEM replacement Aquarite board.

@ajw22 Sorry I thought he was asking my opinion on the other SWG, If you bought the system from amazon, you should have the same factory warranty. I do not under stand why non-OEM replacement Aquarite board is needed. (the OEM boards tend to last 10+ years, you will go through multiple cells before that board needs to be replaced)

Reactions: wireform
A tiny bit off topic, but can you put in a surge protector? If they are high due to being 240v, you can run your SWG on 120v and get an inexpensive one.
Regarding Hayward SWG, IMO their warranty is short for such a high priced item. Circupool is longer, tech support is great and you don’t feel rushed.
You might discuss board interchangeably with them after member RJ-45 checks in.
I can do basic electrical testing/hookups, but anything else is out of my league. Are they difficult to install or should I plan on hiring an electrician? The SWG is already 120v connection. Suggestions on what type/brand of surge protector? Links would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
@ajw22 Sorry I thought he was asking my opinion on the other SWG, If you bought the system from amazon, you should have the same factory warranty. I do not under stand why non-OEM replacement Aquarite board is needed. (the OEM boards tend to last 10+ years, you will go through multiple cells before that board needs to be replaced)
I was just considering the non-OEM board due to price. The boards may last 10+ years for some, but unfortunately I was not the lucky recipient...I got 7 lol.

I did all the steps in the troubleshooting guide and I was led to the steps of replacing the main board and display board. I ordered the replacement main and display board on Amazon and that did not fix the issue. I may have received a bad board, but I didn't have a way to test it on another system. I ended up ordering a completely new system, because I needed to replace the cell anyway, and I upgraded from T-9 to T-15. Hopefully this board will last the 10+ years you speak of!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.