Hayward PowerFlo Matrix Pump won't start

Robfix

Jul 4, 2022
Hamilton, ON
Hey everyone spent some time reading through some old threads here but still no luck. I turned off this pump this morning to backwash the filter and now it will not start up. The model # is SP56152ET dual speed pump. I have double checked the receptacle and it is all fine and delivering the 120V. The pump timer beeps as I turn it on and off but the pump will not start. I am reading I should possibly change the start capacitor but for the life of me can't find it. I have removed the back housing to all the electrical components and there is no capacitor in there. I also dont see any humps on the motor where the capacitor could be hidden.

Is it possible to bypass the timer switch? I can easily spin the impellor so I know it is not jammed.

Any help would be appreciated. I know at time the pump would humm but I would restart it and it would be fine but it hasnt done that in the past 2 months.

Thanks for the help.
Rob

I should possibly change the start capacitor but for the life of me can't find it.
Hi Rob and welcome to TFP! :wave: I have one of those motors and they are considered split-phase motors. This design has a start winding and a start switch, but no capacitors. Basically means once it goes bad, it's probably bad. Not worth teh effort to repair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.