Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
We opened our pool on May 8th. Immediately we remembered that we needed a new cell and replaced our 7year old Hayward turbo cell T9 with a T15. Our pool is in good shape. Lab tested fine (and I just got a taylor K2006 on the mail today and I'm getting familiar). Pool has chlorine (can't recall level), salt (3000), etc. All looking good... here's the issue.. I can't get the panel to stop blinking check minerals and inspect cell. I know inspect cell will blink every 500 hours.. I have reset that several times. I know we can calibrate the salt by toggling the on/off/superchlorinate.. When I check, it's back at 0 and then when I calibrate, the positive number aligns with the negative number and all blinking lights goes away. But it only lasts a day or so... when I check in a few hours, it's all blinking again. Water temp is 77F and I know cold temps can cause issue but that's not the case this week anymore (northeast). I add mineral renewals every friday (actually bought the taylor test to learn to add only what we need). Also add Pool Complete to clarify... What am I missing?

Last edited:
T195 cell? You mean T15 cell?

Did you change the cell type from T9 to T15?

What Hayward panel do you have? Aquarite?

Is your Hayward panel powered when your pump is off?

T195 cell? You mean T15 cell?

Did you change the cell type from T9 to T15?

What Hayward panel do you have? Aquarite?

Is your Hayward panel powered when your pump is off?
Ops - yes T15 cell (upgrade from T9)
yes - Aquarite
Yes - panel is powered

The panel being powered when your pump is off is the problem. Also check your flow switch as I think it is stuck closed so your system does not turn off when water flow stops.

The Aquarite should be on a timer so power is off when the pump is off and you do not rely on the flow switch.

What is happening is the Aquarite is on with out water flow and is trying to measure the salt. That is messing up its calculations and why you can reset it every day and in the morning when the pump turns on the system is confused.

The panel being powered when your pump is off is the problem. Also check your flow switch as I think it is stuck closed so your system does not turn off when water flow stops.

The Aquarite should be on a timer so power is off when the pump is off and you do not rely on the flow switch.

What is happening is the Aquarite is on with out water flow and is trying to measure the salt. That is messing up its calculations and why you can reset it every day and in the morning when the pump turns on the system is confused.
Where is the flow switch? I'm not quite sure how to trouble shoot this. Thank you!

I think you may have missed this question or did not understand what Allen was getting at:

Did you change the cell type from T9 to T15 in the AquaRite controller setup?

That requires a jumper change on the main board.

I think you may have missed this question or did not understand what Allen was getting at:

Did you change the cell type from T9 to T15 in the AquaRite controller setup?

That requires a jumper change on the main board.

Change Cell Type​

With the correct cell in place, move the switch to auto and momentarily push the diagnostic button to display the cell type "T-X". Then move the switch to Superchlorinate and back to auto 3x or until T-15 or whatever the correct cell type is shown on the display.

Isn't that for later boards? I forgot what the crossover version was. Some require a jumper change.

Prior to Revision 1.50​

Revision 1.50 added the ability to select the T-cell type in the settings. Prior to revision 1.50, the system was preset to take a T-5 or T-15.

The earlier boards have a jumper on the board to select the cell type of T5 or T15. In some cases the jumper is adjustable and in some cases it requires that you solder the points together to select the T15 option if the board originally came set to T-5.

Reactions: mas985

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Change Cell Type​

With the correct cell in place, move the switch to auto and momentarily push the diagnostic button to display the cell type "T-X". Then move the switch to Superchlorinate and back to auto 3x or until T-15 or whatever the correct cell type is shown on the display.
Yes - we show T15

I have just updated the actual cell and updated the typo of cell in the board - I selected the proper cell and now it shows T-15
What is working and what is not working now?

What is working and what is not working now?
Something is off with the panel. Pool has salt and cell is producing chlorine but for some reason, every morning the "Check minerals" + "Inspect cell" lights are blinking. I reset the cell clock and recalibrate the salt levels.. but that doesn't last overnight. the following morning these two lights will blink again. I have done Taylor tests to confirm we have plenty of salt and chlorine is present. We used to have a T9 cell but replaced it with a T15 three weeks ago.

Yes - panel is powered

Panel being powered when cell is off is your problem

I explained in post #4 and we got sidetracked with a cell setting discussion.

Panel being powered when cell is off is your problem

I explained in post #4 and we got sidetracked with a cell setting discussion.

But it seems the power button is meant to stay on because of how it’s wired. I called our pool company and they confirmed the power button stays on but the generating button goes off when the pool turns off.

But it seems the power button is meant to stay on because of how it’s wired. I called our pool company and they confirmed the power button stays on but the generating button goes off when the pool turns off.

What system do you have? Aquarite? Prologic? OmniLogic? OmniPL?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support