Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello, thank you in advance for looking at my thread and trying to assist with sorting it out.

I have a Hayward system with an OmniPL automation box, two Hayward Tristar VSP 950 pumps (One for filter, one for waterfall), and various other Hayward devices (lights via low high voltage to low voltage, spa blower).

I get this error within a couple of minutes of either of the pumps being run. Once this occurs, the devices on the high voltage relays will no longer function (the lights and blowers), and if they were on that time will turn off, while the OmniPL can still control the pumps themselves without issue. The other devices work completely fine before this error is triggered by one or both pumps running.

The OmniPL is up to date with firmware, and I have tried other things like deleting the configuration and rebuilding it from scratch.

The system has behaved this way since we originally installed it last August, but we just were making do with having to reboot the system and not running the pumps when we wanted to use the lights. It does render the spa unusable in the evening hours since we can't run the pump and lights/blower. Unfortunately the person who installed all of the equipment ghosted immediately after install and our attempts to get somebody from that Hayward lists as a warranty servicer has resulted in nothing but lack of returned calls and no-shows if we ever even get an appointment. Hayward refuses to assist with any fixes by myself, so I am hoping one of you lovely folks has some incite into what may be causing this!

All the best,
sblfilms

Hello, thank you in advance for looking at my thread and trying to assist with sorting it out.

I have a Hayward system with an OmniPL automation box, two Hayward Tristar VSP 950 pumps (One for filter, one for waterfall), and various other Hayward devices (lights via low high voltage to low voltage, spa blower).

I get this error within a couple of minutes of either of the pumps being run. Once this occurs, the devices on the high voltage relays will no longer function (the lights and blowers), and if they were on that time will turn off, while the OmniPL can still control the pumps themselves without issue. The other devices work completely fine before this error is triggered by one or both pumps running.

The OmniPL is up to date with firmware, and I have tried other things like deleting the configuration and rebuilding it from scratch.

The system has behaved this way since we originally installed it last August, but we just were making do with having to reboot the system and not running the pumps when we wanted to use the lights. It does render the spa unusable in the evening hours since we can't run the pump and lights/blower. Unfortunately the person who installed all of the equipment ghosted immediately after install and our attempts to get somebody from that Hayward lists as a warranty servicer has resulted in nothing but lack of returned calls and no-shows if we ever even get an appointment. Hayward refuses to assist with any fixes by myself, so I am hoping one of you lovely folks has some incite into what may be causing this!

All the best,
sblfilms
Answer may be in this guide attached.

Attachments

• OmniLogic-TSG_OL150c (2).pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
Decoding the error message it is saying the MP (Main Panel enclosure) is unable to communicate with the MSP (Main System Processor display).

Remove the boards and check the cables, pins, and connectors to the display board. Look for any corrosion. Removing and reseating the boards often fixes such problems.

Reactions: 1poolman1
When they installed how did they get your system up to date with the current 4.8 firmware. If it was not 4.1 or above they would have to do the update with USB. There are 2 versions of the Omni PL, the pro and plus. There is a possibility that they if they couldn’t do an over the air (Wi-Fi update) they got the wrong file download. I have seen some weird things happen with wrong firmware for either the Omni pro or plus.

When they installed how did they get your system up to date with the current 4.8 firmware. If it was not 4.1 or above they would have to do the update with USB. There are 2 versions of the Omni PL, the pro and plus. There is a possibility that they if they couldn’t do an over the air (Wi-Fi update) they got the wrong file download. I have seen some weird things happen with wrong firmware for either the Omni pro or plus.

it is a Plus, and the update was OTA via WiFi. Is there anyway to download and force an install of the software? Wondering if it might indeed be firmware related even though it was an OTA update. Wouldn’t be the first time a computer didn’t update correctly.