Hayward Omnilogic - Water Feature Help

tnrsxs

Oct 12, 2018
Maryville
Good morning!

In the process of having our pool completed but cannot reach the finish-line due to automation programming issues. This is an ~20k gallon - free form pool with 4 water features. (Tanning Ledge Bubblers, Waterfall, Therapy Jets, and Deck Jets.) The builder originally installed Hayward ProLogic system and was forced to tie water multiple features together due to limitations of the system only able to control 4 valves. After expressing to him that all the water features should work independently he agreed to upgrade to the Hayward OmniLogic system (5+ valve control). Now he is having problems programming this system due to lack of experience / knowledge. When setting up this system, he appears to be stuck on how to program each feature and all the various possible scenarios with valve positions and pump speeds. (it appears feature programming does not have the ability to control pump speed) If you turn on only the deck jets, how do you handle the flow? Is this done by valve position and manual adjustments to pump speed each time? I assume it also has to be programmed to divert some water to the returns to relieve pressure? How about if I now press the Waterfall button? Does the deck jet valves now need to be programmed to accommodate the flow change of water going to the waterfall, as well the valves to turn off returns for this scenario? With this, the system would require hours and hours of programming for all of the different possible scenarios. Will each of these continue to require manual adjustments of the pump speed?

I guess the the question that I am asking is, should the system accommodate the programming of all of these different scenarios, or am I asking for something that is not possible. If it is possible, is it a very manual process that you need to program for every possible scenario? Perhaps the builder did not properly accommodate for this and different valves / additional pumps should be used? He continues to work with Hayward support, but they appear to be sending him further in the wrong direction. (currently setting up each feature as a theme)

Any advice or suggestions?

Pool new.jpg

I am new at this but there should be a way to assign a pump speed to a feature when activated. My waterfall is Aux2 and speed is 40% when aux2 is active......In-floor is V3 and is active for 2 hours out of a 5 hour session and while active pump speed is increased from 60% to 80%

Reactions: tnrsxs
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.