Hayward OmniLogic - Option to clear DDT is missing

Jul 23, 2017
Merrimack
Yesterday I posted a question in a separate thread that my OmniLogic was not detecting the HUA for my TriStar VS900 pump. One of the steps in the OmniLogic Troubleshooting Guide is to clear the DDT - Device Discovery Table - to refresh communications. However, I can't do that. The instructions are to enter Config - then tap on Shell Command. I don't have a Shell Command option. Has anyone experienced this?

What version software are you running?

Have you tried calling Hayward support? Someone had an Omnilogic problem on this thread and got good service from Hayward Support.

@PoolBrews ideas?

What version software are you running?

Have you tried calling Hayward support? Someone had an Omnilogic problem on this thread and got good service from Hayward Support.

@PoolBrews ideas?

MSP version is R.3.2.0-b35953. MP version R 3.2.0. Just updated both yesterday. I called Hayward Support - twice. First person I spoke to was no help. Told me I had to talk to a local dealer and emailed me a link to their dealer locater page. Second call the woman was more helpful. She said she wasn't a tech but she noted the issues I was having with the pump HUA and the DDT issue and said she would forward it to a tech. Would be 24-48 hours before someone would call me back.

You must be running firmware version R3.0 or newer - the shell command was removed in R3.0.

If you are not on R3.2 - update the firmware to R3.2 before you try anything else.

To erase a configuration or DDT use the “Factory Reset” option under Service Mode. Note that Factory Reset will also reset the current network settings.

As always, before doing anything as drastic as a Factory Reset, make sure you backup your current config to a USB or your PC. Once you perform the Factory Reset, you'll need to either add and reconfigure all of your system components to the Omni, or you can first try reloading your config and see if that works.

You must be running firmware version R3.0 or newer - the shell command was removed in R3.0.

If you are not on R3.2 - update the firmware to R3.2 before you try anything else.

To erase a configuration or DDT use the “Factory Reset” option under Service Mode. Note that Factory Reset will also reset the current network settings.

As always, before doing anything as drastic as a Factory Reset, make sure you backup your current config to a USB or your PC. Once you perform the Factory Reset, you'll need to either add and reconfigure all of your system components to the Omni, or you can first try reloading your config and see if that works.

Thanks for the reply. I am running 3.2. I'll try your suggestion. Hopefully that will fix the pump HUA issue too. I tried running the pump in stand-alone too just to see if it would run but had no luck. Wondering if the pump circuit board went bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.