Hayward GVA-24 doesn't turn on by the board

rajthepilot

Jul 13, 2022
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
I have AQUA Logic Display and a Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic Main Circuit Board GLX-PCB-MAIN

It controls two actuators which turn on the fountain jets and are connected to Aux 1 and Aux 2 of the display. (Aux 1 and Aux 2 also control the relays, but nothing is connected to those relays).

The wire going to the actuator is a 3 prong, (red white and black). If I manually switch the button from ON1 to ON2, then it turns and the fountain jets come on. But if I switch to ON1, and then press Aux1 on the display, then nothing turns on.

Could this be a problem with the circuit board? I didn't find any solder issues in the back of it

I have AQUA Logic Display and a Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic Main Circuit Board GLX-PCB-MAIN

It controls two actuators which turn on the fountain jets and are connected to Aux 1 and Aux 2 of the display. (Aux 1 and Aux 2 also control the relays, but nothing is connected to those relays).

The wire going to the actuator is a 3 prong, (red white and black). If I manually switch the button from ON1 to ON2, then it turns and the fountain jets come on. But if I switch to ON1, and then press Aux1 on the display, then nothing turns on.

Could this be a problem with the circuit board? I didn't find any solder issues in the back of it
Flip the switch to ON2 then use the control to see what happens. It may be the ON1 position is what actuating Aux 1 or Aux2 moves the valve to.

raj,

I assume the Aux1 controls one actuator and Aux2 controls the other actuator..

Swap the two cables inside the automation and see how it works.

If the bad actuator is still bad. and the good actuator is still good, then you have a bad actuator or cable.

If the bad actuator is now good, and the good actuator is now bad, then you have an automation issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi, I have two actuators, connected to the board - One of the actuator is connected to Suction (2) and the other is connected to Return (1).. They won't turn on with Aux1 or Aux2 from the display.

I can turn them on manually by switching them from ON2 to ON1. Whichever position I leave them in, ON1 or ON2, the Aux1 or Aux2 buttons on the display don't do anything in turning it on or off.

The plug of actuator to the board has 3 wires, white on top, then red in middle and black below. The White and Black are getting 24 volts AC. But if I press Aux 1 button on the display, nothing changes, white and black and continue to show 24VAC and red and black show nothing.

While checking those tiny pins inside the board, I shorted the circuit and blew out the 20AMP fuse. After replacing it, I'm getting 24 volts AC again at the white and black pins (and I can turn on the actuators manually by switching them from ON2 to ON1 and then turning them off by going from ON1 to ON2)

The picture below shows the plug I have pulled out that controls AUX2 actuator.

Aux 2 also controls the relay (there are 4 - Pump, Lights, Aux1 or Aux), but nothing is connected to that relay. Perhaps this needs to be programmed in?

20230522_100145.jpg

Hi, I have two actuators, connected to the board - One of the actuator is connected to Suction (2) and the other is connected to Return (1).. They won't turn on with Aux1 or Aux2 from the display.

I can turn them on manually by switching them from ON2 to ON1. Whichever position I leave them in, ON1 or ON2, the Aux1 or Aux2 buttons on the display don't do anything in turning it on or off.

The plug of actuator to the board has 3 wires, white on top, then red in middle and black below. The White and Black are getting 24 volts AC. But if I press Aux 1 button on the display, nothing changes, white and black and continue to show 24VAC and red and black show nothing.

While checking those tiny pins inside the board, I shorted the circuit and blew out the 20AMP fuse. After replacing it, I'm getting 24 volts AC again at the white and black pins (and I can turn on the actuators manually by switching them from ON2 to ON1 and then turning them off by going from ON1 to ON2)

The picture below shows the plug I have pulled out that controls AUX2 actuator.

Aux 2 also controls the relay (there are 4 - Pump, Lights, Aux1 or Aux), but nothing is connected to that relay. Perhaps this needs to be programmed in?

View attachment 494780
Based on the picture, you need to move the plug to Valve 3 and associate that valve output with the auxiliary you use for the fountain. It is in the return-valve socket at present. That is used for a pool/spa combo.

I plugged them into Valve 3 and Valve 4 and still nothing. They are getting power via the white and black wire, so I can turn them on manually going from ON2 to ON1. They have always been in Suction (2) and Return (1) Is there any programming that needs to be done in the Aqua Logic display?
Is this a pool/spa combo or a pool only? You need to get into the Configuration Menu of the AquaLogic to associate the valve with Aux 1 or Aux 2. Pages 14-16 of the manual. If it worked in the past something (someone?) may have made a change.

Attachments

• goldline-aqua-logic.pdf
    429.6 KB · Views: 1
Thank you very much. I was looking for the V1 and V2 Enable/Disable section, but it was inside the Pool/Spa Config, so once I press Left and Right buttons to get to Poo/Spa Config, then I press Plus to get into that menu, then keep it at Pool Only (so I do not press + or -) and then I press the right button and I get to V1=Aux1 and V2=Aux2 and then I press + or - to enable it.

I must have set the configurations to Default, which would have disabled this. Thankyou very much for your help.

While solving this problem, I caused another problem. Would you kindly take a look at this thread for me and see how can I turn off Aux2 relay which is now always on (regardless of this button being pressed or not, it's always getting close to 19V to keep the relay activated). I had been checking if the relays are getting powered. I don't know if my leads touched the metal plate below to cause a short circuit, but I heard a click, and now after that, the moment the board gets the power, Aux2 relay turns on.

Thank you very much. I was looking for the V1 and V2 Enable/Disable section, but it was inside the Pool/Spa Config, so once I press Left and Right buttons to get to Poo/Spa Config, then I press Plus to get into that menu, then keep it at Pool Only (so I do not press + or -) and then I press the right button and I get to V1=Aux1 and V2=Aux2 and then I press + or - to enable it.

I must have set the configurations to Default, which would have disabled this. Thankyou very much for your help.

While solving this problem, I caused another problem. Would you kindly take a look at this thread for me and see how can I turn off Aux2 relay which is now always on (regardless of this button being pressed or not, it's always getting close to 19V to keep the relay activated). I had been checking if the relays are getting powered. I don't know if my leads touched the metal plate below to cause a short circuit, but I heard a click, and now after that, the moment the board gets the power, Aux2 relay turns on.

Remove power from the board. Test for continuity between the pins that would actuate that relay. If it is there, the tiny board relay that operates that circuit may have been damaged. If so, there is a repair service on Amazon.com that works on those boards.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.