Hayward Goldline PL-PLUS ProLogic Reading 0000 PPM Salt

Mar 20, 2017
Foster, RI
Good afternoon forum. I am having a bit of trouble with my SWG.

I have a PL-PLUS Prologic. My SWG is less than 4 months old as I replaced it this summer. Everything was great but now the system is reading 0000 PPM. I did a test and my salt is 3000. Now it is not making any chlorine and my pool is turning green. I don't know what to do. I took the SWG off and don't see any signs of corrosion. What is it that is reading the salt level incorrectly? Any ideas on how I fix this?

Thanks a lot.

First, get some liquid chlorine in the pool.

You don't need to have a working SWG to maintain the chlorine.

Second, you probably need to remove the circuit board and check the back for a bad solder connection.

Find the bad connection and touch up the solder.

Look for a bad solder connection. It will probably be discolored from the heat.

Soldering is easy. Just touch the soldering iron to the spot and then touch the solder to melt a little bit and fill in the gap around the leg of the relay.

How old is the box?

Thanks again for all this info! The box was bought when we put the pool in. It was 2017. Do you think that is too soon to have to do this sort of repair?

Thanks

For a 2 year old box do a warranty claim. I think you should have a 3 year warranty if installed by an authorized pool company.

Diagnostics shows: 32.14V 0.00A Temp - 82 000PPM.

I don't know why the previous cell failed, but we cleaned it twice annually with muriatic and I am religious about keeping all balance levels within TroubleFreePool suggested levels an have been since putting the pool in. Perhaps the cell didn't fail and it was a result of a failing circuit board?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The speculation is that high salt levels create high amps and high amps create more heat around the relays. The heat from the amps burn out the relay or circuit board around it.

The precautions are to not get salt much above 3000 ppm and mount the control panel in a cool place.

What happens in diagnostics when you press the + button?

What are the first seven characters of the box serial number?

The serial number is on the inside of the door by the barcode and begins with 3L1.

Unplug the cell and check the connections.

Do you still have the old cell?

What are the first seven characters of the serial number from the old and new cell?

The numbers should begin with 3E1.

I have been keeping the salt between 3000 and 3400 depending on how much rain we get each season and the amount of filling and backwashing I do.

When I press the diagnostic button then +, it counts down from 15 seconds and i believe reverses polarity and then it displayed the reading I posted above.

The number inside is : #3L17058-1005979

It's under warranty. Just file a warranty claim and let the technician figure it out.

The first cell was also under warranty.

You could have had it tested at a Hayward authorized service center. If it failed the test, they would have given you a new cell.

Click on find a dealer.

The cell is probably ok. I would file a warranty claim for a technician to come onsite and check the system.

I was able to find a dealer close to me and works on controls. Can I file a warranty claim online? The last time I called Hayward for help I waited on hold for 2 hours and the person who finally answered didn't even have basic understanding of their own equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.