Hayward DEP500 filter

Jul 27, 2016
Texas
In a new build are there any advantages/disadvantages to using the Hayward DEP500 cartridge DE filter over the standard DE filter. It seems that the maintenance may be slightly easier. Any real world experiences?

Yes I had one installed in my new pool. Ive only had it running for about a month now and it seems to be working well. Opening it and cleaning it is much easier than a traditional DE filter. Pentair makes one called Quad DE that is available for DIY...the Hayward one is part of their "expert line" which is not sold to end customers.

@malba2366 Thanks. Yeah, I have an old Hayward DE4800 that I'm about to replace. Was considering the DE6020, the DE7220, or maybe this DEP80.

I've got a friend with an account at a local pool supply house and can get the DEP80 or the DE7220 for about the same price. Nobody talks about the DEP500 series on this forum but some do have the Pentair Quad DE's. I wonder why that is and I wonder if it will be hard to replace the cartridges when the time comes. Is it just a new model... or just not popular?

One of the main reasons I want to stick to Hayward... and maybe you'll know the answer to this, but I'm hoping it's going to be plug and play for me. In other words, just disconnect the existing unions and connect the new filter without re-plumbing anything. Do you know if that is possible? Are the inlet and outlet the same height as my DE4800?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.