Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hi All,

Noticed that my air relief valve is leaking at the bottom and out the hole where the air/water escape, as shown in the picture. I am guessing that as a minimum I will need to replace the valve, but do you think I should replace the entire assembly?
Filter is 5 1/2 years old.

Thanks.
Air Relief Valve.jpgARVs.png

Dan,

I'd just get the $10 part..

Keep in mind that if the leak is dripping out the end air vent hole, that the valve can get clogged with junk from the inside.. I've fix mine a couple of times by just blowing water backwards through the air vent valve..

I always make sure to blow it out when I clean the filter..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: DanF
I had the same issue a couple of years ago. No matter how tight I tried to close the valve, water would still dribble out. I bought the $10 part you are referencing and that took care of it. Mine was at least 10 years old at the time.

Reactions: DanF
Thanks guys. I'm leaning toward replacing just the valve (the $10 part), but in order to replace that, I need to remove the whole assembly (the $80 part) anyway. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks everyone. I ordered the $10 valve from Amazon, and installed it today. So far no leaks. There are 2 or 3 pretty good videos on YouTube which guided me through it.

Reactions: jark87
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.