Hayward DE Filter Air Relief Valve Leaking

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
Hi All,

Noticed that my air relief valve is leaking at the bottom and out the hole where the air/water escape, as shown in the picture. I am guessing that as a minimum I will need to replace the valve, but do you think I should replace the entire assembly?
Filter is 5 1/2 years old.

Thanks.
Air Relief Valve.jpgARVs.png

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Dan,

I'd just get the $10 part..

Keep in mind that if the leak is dripping out the end air vent hole, that the valve can get clogged with junk from the inside.. I've fix mine a couple of times by just blowing water backwards through the air vent valve..

I always make sure to blow it out when I clean the filter..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: DanF

jark87

Silver Supporter
Jun 5, 2011
Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I had the same issue a couple of years ago. No matter how tight I tried to close the valve, water would still dribble out. I bought the $10 part you are referencing and that took care of it. Mine was at least 10 years old at the time.

Reactions: DanF

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
Thanks guys. I'm leaning toward replacing just the valve (the $10 part), but in order to replace that, I need to remove the whole assembly (the $80 part) anyway. Decisions, decisions...

jark87

Silver Supporter
Jun 5, 2011
Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I don’t recall the replacement process, but that tells me it was pretty simple. I usually remember the difficult ones. 🙂

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
Thanks everyone. I ordered the $10 valve from Amazon, and installed it today. So far no leaks. There are 2 or 3 pretty good videos on YouTube which guided me through it.

Reactions: jark87