Silver Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an old Hayward inline chlorinator that I don't use. I'd like to just cap off the openings since the fittings are leaking. I can find replacement compression nuts but I just want a solid nut to cap the opening. I can't find anything. Suggestions are appreciated.

Silly question, but I have to ask in case I'm seeing it wrong in my head ... :crazy: It's definitely an INLINE and not an OFFLINE chlorinator? In-lines are cut into the plumbing, while offline chlorinators can be off to the side and just have the small 1/4 tubes that poke into the PVC.

I think you can find/use a variety of simple plastic caps to close-off those ports. I seem to recall others doing it as well, but I don't recall how they did it. I'll poke around the forum to see if I can find an old thread or two. Maybe someone else will reply as well.

Here were a couple discussions and methods used ....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.