Hayward 8" drain cover screw diameter -making flat drain covers...

Alset2

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Cent Fl
So I have really grown tired of my Dolphin Sigma getting stuck on the main drains. I have looked and looked but can only find one possible solution . That solution is a 3d printed cover. But with all the filaments ...ugh... and my ignorance about them...Im thinking of trying something else .

I have access to water jet table and I am thinking of just making them out of 3/8" thick aluminum or stainless steel . Id prefer the aluminum so I can powder coat it to look better but then I need to deal with galvanic corrosion, so to help with that I want to order some washers to help mitigate that issue.

So all of that to say , does anyone know the diameter of the mounting screws so I can order the correct washers?
It just such a pain to work under water, I was hoping some one would know so I can only take them out once .

thank you
Neil

In general flat 8" drain covers are not VGBA complaint. Unless you have two drain inlets connected in a T spaced apart. A raised drain cover is designed so that someone cannot block the entire drain suction and get trapped.

Thank you for the link . I have not read much about it yet.

Yes, wife and I have discussed and we do have the 2 drain system spaced 6ft apart (I think 6ft..) . Another factor is we our pool is really secure and very few children in our "older" neighborhood...lol

We both feel ok with it . I just cant stand the robot getting stuck anymore. The hours of my life I will never get back trying to find a solution is scary!

Anyway, thanks again for the link , hopefully some one will come accros this that knows , Im guessing they are like a #8 or so. We will see.

Thanks
Neil

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.