Hayward 320 light leaking

So I built a pool and finally got the liner and and filled two days ago. Lost 2.5-3” of water the first 36 hrs. Did a diy dye test and found two of three lights have leaks. Liner guy said the conduit is the issue but I found two of the plastic rings that squish the rubber gasket in place in the box still 🙄. Can I pull the lights and pop the rings on or will I flood my conduit and ruin things??

I just started on my first pool build 2 weeks ago and using the same lights. I haven’t gotten them installed yet. If it were me I’d bite the bullet and drain the pool down so you can be sure you get a good seal. But I don’t know anything 😂

So I built a pool and finally got the liner and and filled two days ago. Lost 2.5-3” of water the first 36 hrs. Did a diy dye test and found two of three lights have leaks. Liner guy said the conduit is the issue but I found two of the plastic rings that squish the rubber gasket in place in the box still 🙄. Can I pull the lights and pop the rings on or will I flood my conduit and ruin things??
Light conduit is always full of water if the pool is full, that's not a issue.

There are not a lot of vinyl pools in my area so my experience is limited. My concern would be water getting behind the liner if the light is removed.
So the light has two faceplates, one that locks the liner down and has 4 screws and a gasket. Then there’s the faceplate that locks the actual light fixture in to the tube. The one with screws doesn’t need to be moved so I don’t see any risk of water getting behind the liner only into the conduit.

I actually went ahead and tried it last night and I think I fixed one of them. The other one I think has wedged in a little crooked and still has a small leak. Gonna try again tonight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.