hayward 1.5 hp replacement.

May 19, 2015
Burbank, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Was reading this thread recently: Hayward Super Pump Leaking in front of seal plate

I have the kind of issue, tried to use some silicon to seal the leak, but it didn't solve the issue. I've wanted to replace this dinosaur for a while, and now I have my excuse. Just the electricity cost alone just pay for this thing quickly. Also a nice rebate from the city for replacing one.

I've been looking at the pentair VS pumps and there is like 30 of them.

How does someone determine the correct pump to order? What are the variables?

22,000 gallon pool
My equipment.
Hayward Super II 1.5 HP Pool Pump (Single Speed).
Pentair 2060 DE Filter.

What are the variables?

• Voltage - do you need the pump to run on 120V or 240V?
  • Automation - do you care about automation interface now or in the future?
  • HP - any VS pump of 1.5 HP or greater will do for you. A larger HP VS pump will be more energy efficient running at a lower HP. So for maximum energy efficiency get a 3 HP pump.
  • Color - Pentair pumps come in Pentair almond or black
  • Availability - Many pumps are in short supply. Get what you find available.
That is about it.

If you can find an IntelliFlo3 it looks like a good pump that you can be controlled with an App and you get with an optional IO Interface board with relays.

Otherwise the Superflo VST or Whisperflo VST will likely do for you with less features.

Excellent advice from Allen as usual. The other variable is your budget and if you're a DIY type to replace your motor instead of replacing the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.