CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
@HermanTX Maybe you can help. I saw on another thread you had a wealth of knowledge.

I tried testing an automation schedule in iAqualink to run different speeds throughout the day. I was also testing whether these speeds would activate that flow switch on the AquaClear SWG. However, none of the custom speeds would activate the display on the Aqualink, the aqualink system stays off on ANY of the custom variable speed settings.

Only "Filter Pump" under devices actually turns on the Aqualink display and allows for chlorination. If I add VSP Spd Adj and select a custom speed under Slot 4 (High Speed) it will not turn on the Aqualink system. Is something misconfigured? I don't see any other way to set a schedule with various speeds that will turn the system on.

Attaching picture where the first two scheduled items “filter pump” turn on the Aqualink display while the third “high speed” (from VSP Spd Adj) does not. Hope that helps. Basically I can only run at one speed because “filter pump” is the only item turning the Jandy system on.

Attachments

• 21CF499A-EDFF-4B8B-B288-F5BE61CB72FC.jpeg
    21CF499A-EDFF-4B8B-B288-F5BE61CB72FC.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 34
  • E75239C5-568E-4931-9496-816A61DA3232.png
    E75239C5-568E-4931-9496-816A61DA3232.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Actually I may have figured this out. It sounds like "Filter Pump" needs to encompass the time of the entire schedule (e.g. 7am-7pm), then each variable speed needs to overlap with the filter pump time like the attachment. Is that right?

I'm also trying to figure out what "cleaner" function does as I never used that feature before.

Attachments

• AD7E7445-0204-4F39-8F6D-8537E6DEE5CD.png
    AD7E7445-0204-4F39-8F6D-8537E6DEE5CD.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
Actually I may have figured this out. It sounds like "Filter Pump" needs to encompass the time of the entire schedule (e.g. 7am-7pm), then each variable speed needs to overlap with the filter pump time like the attachment.

I'm also trying to figure out what "cleaner" does, not sure what dip s1-1 is and how to activate that function.

@HermanTX Maybe you can help. I saw on another thread you had a wealth of knowledge.

I tried testing an automation schedule in iAqualink to run different speeds throughout the day. I was also testing whether these speeds would activate that flow switch on the AquaClear SWG. However, none of the custom speeds would activate the display on the Aqualink, the aqualink system stays off on ANY of the custom variable speed settings.

Only "Filter Pump" under devices actually turns on the Aqualink display and allows for chlorination. If I add VSP Spd Adj and select a custom speed under Slot 4 (High Speed) it will not turn on the Aqualink system. Is something misconfigured? I don't see any other way to set a schedule with various speeds that will turn the system on.

Attaching picture where the first two scheduled items “filter pump” turn on the Aqualink display while the third “high speed” (from VSP Spd Adj) does not. Hope that helps. Basically I can only run at one speed because “filter pump” is the only item turning the Jandy system on.
I see your other posts that you figured it out. Let me confirm some items.
You have your VSP speeds set correctly - so you use those same labels on the schedule as to when you want that feature to run.

You are correct - the Filter Pump needs to be the overall time you have your VSP on. That label reads the POOL speed setting - so that is the pump speed that is active when no other feature (speed) is scheduled. The POOL speed should be the minimum speed to operate your SWCG if you want to make chlorine throughout your complete schedule.

You do not need 2 FILTER PUMP schedules so delete the second one.
I noticed your HIGH SPEED is 1pm to 1PM - that probably does not work as it conflicts so set that for a 2 hr or some similar time.

CLEANER is only used if you have a cleaner. You would have to set a Dip Switch #1 to ON if you have a CLEANER. I have a pressure side cleaner which has booster pump. When I schedule CLEANER, the booster pump turns on and the VS pump ramps up in to my set speed for the CLEANER. This way I have good flow to operate the cleaner. If you do not have a CLEANER then your dip switch should be set to OFF and remove the CLEANER schedule as well as change the label on your VS pump schedule.

You are correct that you just schedule the other speeds with set times throughout the day and the VS pump will ramp up or ramp down depending on the scheduled time.

Suggest you update your Signature to include your pool volume, pool type, equipment, etc. Go to Settings then down to Signature to edit.

Come back with any additional questions.

One other point - I have found that the iAquaLink does not like a 24 hr schedule. I called Jandy about it some months back and I go mixed responses. So if you wish to run 24 hrs - put a 5-15 minute gap between the 24 period such as 2am to 1:45am. This turns off the pump for 15 mins.

I see your other posts that you figured it out. Let me confirm some items.
You have your VSP speeds set correctly - so you use those same labels on the schedule as to when you want that feature to run.

You are correct - the Filter Pump needs to be the overall time you have your VSP on. That label reads the POOL speed setting - so that is the pump speed that is active when no other feature (speed) is scheduled. The POOL speed should be the minimum speed to operate your SWCG if you want to make chlorine throughout your complete schedule.

You do not need 2 FILTER PUMP schedules so delete the second one.
I noticed your HIGH SPEED is 1pm to 1PM - that probably does not work as it conflicts so set that for a 2 hr or some similar time.

CLEANER is only used if you have a cleaner. You would have to set a Dip Switch #1 to ON if you have a CLEANER. I have a pressure side cleaner which has booster pump. When I schedule CLEANER, the booster pump turns on and the VS pump ramps up in to my set speed for the CLEANER. This way I have good flow to operate the cleaner. If you do not have a CLEANER then your dip switch should be set to OFF and remove the CLEANER schedule as well as change the label on your VS pump schedule.

You are correct that you just schedule the other speeds with set times throughout the day and the VS pump will ramp up or ramp down depending on the scheduled time.

Suggest you update your Signature to include your pool volume, pool type, equipment, etc. Go to Settings then down to Signature to edit.

Come back with any additional questions.
Thanks for the recommendation. I filled it out on my profile but will transfer it over to my signature when I have some time.

I have “the pool cleaner” but it’s connected to the suction on the pool. It works off the filter pump so not sure if it requires a special dip switch in this case. How do I find that dip switch or based off that information since it’s dependent on the filter pump is it not connected?

Another couple other questions came to mind. I renamed that third slot but not sure what it was called before. Besides inside the schedule, do the custom slot names have dependencies elsewhere that can cause issues if you rename them? Also the pool heat and spa heat modes, is there a preferred rpm for those, considering the SWG and cool down?

Is there a way to override the schedule in the case of adding chemicals or high bather load to bump up the RPMs? Both in the app or service panel? I suppose on the app I can use a custom high value and add it to the schedule in a hitch but how about if I don’t want touch the schedule directly?

I have “the pool cleaner” but it’s connected to the suction on the pool. It works off the filter pump so not sure if it requires a special dip switch in this case. How do I find that dip switch or based off that information since it’s dependent on the filter pump is it not connected?
the dip switch for pool cleaner with a separate pump. You want the filter pump and the booster pump to turn on at same time.
You must have a valve that controls when the suction side vacuum is operated. Do you have that valve with an automated controller on top or is it manual? If it is manual then when you switch it to vacuum, you can go into your app. And go to the web part. (You can also see the same if you have Aqualink accessed from your computer). There is an icon called VSP Spd Adj. Note - if you do not see it - go to Menu and hit Customize Home to assign it to the home menu.
When you hit VSP Spd Adj - it will display a screen of all your speeds you set up when you set the pump up. Just hit any speed you wish to run the cleaner.

Now if you have that vacuum valve automated - there may be a way to automatically operate that valve and the speed will increase as well. I would have to read up on that if it is feasible.

I renamed that third slot but not sure what it was called before. Besides inside the schedule, do the custom slot names have dependencies elsewhere that can cause issues if you rename them? Also the pool heat and spa heat modes, is there a preferred rpm for those, considering the SWG and cool down?
Yes - some slots are dedicated - such as the first one - POOL and also #3 Cleaner (if you set dipswitch to ON). Also Spa, Pool Heat and Spa Heat.
I set my Spa at 2850 just to have good jet action. I set Spa Heat a little higher at 3050 as well as Pool Heat at 3050. The cool down feature will automatically kick in and the app will you that under Status. I don't think you need to as high as I am - probably could be around 2200 rpm for Pool Heat and Spa Heat and Spa around 2700 rpm for jetting
If you have a Pool/Spa combo the preset speed labels for 1 -8 are as follows (refer to section 11.9 of Manual HO433600
Pool
SPA
Speed 3 or Cleaner (dip switch 1)
Speed 4 or Spillover (dip switch 3)
Pool Heat
Spa Heat
Solar Heat or Heat Pump or Speed 7 (dip switch 7)
Infloor (or I changed it to Speed 8
Is there a way to override the schedule in the case of adding chemicals or high bather load to bump up the RPMs? Both in the app or service panel? I suppose on the app I can use a custom high value and add it to the schedule in a hitch but how about if I don’t want touch the schedule directly?
I answered this above with the VSP Spd Adj button

the dip switch for pool cleaner with a separate pump. You want the filter pump and the booster pump to turn on at same time.
You must have a valve that controls when the suction side vacuum is operated. Do you have that valve with an automated controller on top or is it manual? If it is manual then when you switch it to vacuum, you can go into your app. And go to the web part. (You can also see the same if you have Aqualink accessed from your computer). There is an icon called VSP Spd Adj. Note - if you do not see it - go to Menu and hit Customize Home to assign it to the home menu.
When you hit VSP Spd Adj - it will display a screen of all your speeds you set up when you set the pump up. Just hit any speed you wish to run the cleaner.

Now if you have that vacuum valve automated - there may be a way to automatically operate that valve and the speed will increase as well. I would have to read up on that if it is feasible.
I have a booster pump that I use for the SPA that's set to AUX1. There are two jandy valves on the suction and return sides, and another set of manual valves, one on the return side that controls spillover from SPA or Baja Pool aeration. The other manual valve on the suction side that I haven't touched. Photos of the equipment are attached if you want to take a look. There was a one touch called Cleaner but it's only configured to turn on the Filter Pump, not the booster pump or whatever VSP Spd Adj custom name #3 was called previously. Does this help at all?

I added the VSP Pump Icon to the home menu, that's really helpful. When on a schedule does the override stay in effect until the next scheduled item is triggered?

Is there anyway to bump up the speed from the service panel in case the pool guy needs to add chemicals?

Attachments

• 90C6BEB0-198B-4E11-92D2-48F35771AC33.jpeg
    90C6BEB0-198B-4E11-92D2-48F35771AC33.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 82357534-9F4C-4473-835E-3651D99B3149.jpeg
    82357534-9F4C-4473-835E-3651D99B3149.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 2
  • 464F92AA-020D-4CF0-AF3C-EB65FCFA351E.jpeg
    464F92AA-020D-4CF0-AF3C-EB65FCFA351E.jpeg
    594.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 81FBD467-3D5C-4C34-A39C-6B2615F95BFF.jpeg
    81FBD467-3D5C-4C34-A39C-6B2615F95BFF.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 41549B33-3E98-4FA6-94BF-46352B250CF5.jpeg
    41549B33-3E98-4FA6-94BF-46352B250CF5.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 3
  • A541B56D-C2FD-4781-8033-78BBB7B48E31.jpeg
    A541B56D-C2FD-4781-8033-78BBB7B48E31.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 1
  • FE96CA81-51A6-49A4-B9FE-4BD52AA54613.jpeg
    FE96CA81-51A6-49A4-B9FE-4BD52AA54613.jpeg
    512 KB · Views: 2
The other manual valve on the suction side that I haven't touched. Photos of the equipment are attached if you want to take a look.
Since you stated you have a suction side cleaner, my view is that the manual valve on the suction side (the picture starting with 81FBD and manual valve circled in purple) controls the amount of suction for the cleaner. It is partial open for flow. if handle is Horizontal would be full open and vertical would be closed. The automated valve shown in the picture would control switching from Pool Mode to Spa Mode. Right now it shows it is in pool mode and the spa suction is OFF (note wording on handle).

I have a booster pump that I use for the SPA that's set to AUX1.
You want that pump to turn on only if in Spa Mode. It was hard to see the inlet and outlet plumbing of that pump. You have a real tight set up. How do you turn on that booster pump?

and another set of manual valves, one on the return side that controls spillover from SPA or Baja Pool aeration.
Picture starting with 90C and manual valve circled in orange, there are 2 pipes - the main one to the left must be your pool return jets and the pipe controlled by the manual valve must go to either the Baja bubbler or spa spillover. Do you have a dedicated return in the spa when in pool mode? That is a 2 way manual valve so it is either open or closed. It is shown closed. The automated valve in the picture (circled in blue) controls flow to pool or spa. It is shown open to pool mode and closed to spa. This valve and the suction side automated valve should turn simultaneously when switching from Pool Mode to Spa Mode.

There was a one touch called Cleaner but it's only configured to turn on the Filter Pump, not the booster pump or whatever VSP Spd Adj custom name #3 was called previously. Does this help at all?

I added the VSP Pump Icon to the home menu, that's really helpful. When on a schedule does the override stay in effect until the next scheduled item is triggered?
The One Touch buttons are different from the VSP Spd Adj button. The One Touch button allows several functions to happen at once - such as Spa Heat can be configured to turn on Spa Mode, Turn on Heater, Turn on Spa Light, etc. So 1 touch makes all of that happen. Below is a One Touch for Clean mode - so if I wish to run the cleaner outside of its normal schedule, It turns on main VSP and also the Cleaner booster pump. The VSP ramps up to the pre-set Cleaner speed.

One Touch Clean Mode.PNG

The VSP Spd Adj is a quick menu to your speed settings. I have included pictures of mine.
The Home Screen is the main screen. See the 3rd icon - that is the VSP1 Spd Adj - then when you click it, you see the next screen VSP Spd Adj and you simply tap one of those and the pump speed will adjust. it will stay that way until the next schedule change or you can manually put it back to where it was. The other picture shows the Customize Home Screen when you hit Menu from main screen. That is how you position the icons on the main screen.

Customize Home Screen Setup.PNGVSP Spd Adj Screen.PNGHome Screen.PNG

Man I wish I'd had this thread a month ago as I went through exactly the same learning: Filter Pump needing to cover the whole run time; 24 hour schedules don't work well; etc. etc. Thank you @HermanTX !

You were probably misled by the same YouTube video I was. I finally figured it out from the example in the iAquaLink manual. "Read the instructions" strikes again.

The iAquaLink software is 90's tech at its worst. Absolutely no reason it couldn't be friendlier. Shame, shame on Jandy. Happily the hardware seems to be 90's tech that's pretty good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Man I wish I'd had this thread a month ago as I went through exactly the same learning: Filter Pump needing to cover the whole run time; 24 hour schedules don't work well; etc. etc. Thank you @HermanTX !

You were probably misled by the same YouTube video I was. I finally figured it out from the example in the iAquaLink manual. "Read the instructions" strikes again.

The iAquaLink software is 90's tech at its worst. Absolutely no reason it couldn't be friendlier. Shame, shame on Jandy. Happily the hardware seems to be 90's tech that's pretty good.
Appreciate the feedback.
So right about the level of technology in the app and hardware. I am a manual reader. Unfortunately, they do not supply a hardcopy so I printed it out and marked it up for all items relating to my set up. But even the manual is wrong. I wanted to schedule a cleaner on 3 days i.e. MWF at the same on/off times - the manual shows you can do that on 1 schedule line - WRONG. I contacted Jandy and pointed it out and the reply was - that is a future upgrade, but no timeframe given. So, to schedule multiple days of the same device - you have to set a schedule for M, then another for W and another for F. So that is 3 separate line items - one for each day.

On related subject - I see you have Jandy SWCG I am contemplating going with Jandy AquaPure 1400. But I need to purchase the controller board to link into the RS main board, the transformer and the cell. I got quotes of $2800 to $3300 from "authorized distributors". I am on the fence as it would be nice to have control via the iAquaLink but other 3rd party SWCGs have better data i.e chlorine lbs per day at lower prices. What is your view of your SWCG performance and control via app?

What is your view of your SWCG performance and control via app?
I'm not going to be a great source as we've owned the pool only for the last 2 of its 14 years. The AquaPure was there when we moved in, not working. Can't tell the age, but it looks old. I fixed it by replacing the sensor and wiring for ~$180.

After that all good except each spring I get an error code about insufficient reverse current the first time it's used. (The pool runs all winter with the cell at 0%.) Resetting once or twice makes that go away. I have only guesses as to why.

Remote percent setting is simple and reliable via the "Web" interface in the app. 5% intervals are no problem. I don't' think I've tried anything finer.

The 1400 spec is 1.25 lb/day. I can't verify that exactly, but it seems to be close. Using "a pound of chlorine is 1 ppm for 120k gallons," the 1.25 lb for a day works out to 120/20 * 1.25 = 7.5 for my pool. To keep it at 5 ppm, I'm actually running it for 11 hours at 50%. So it's 7.5 * 11/24 * .5 = 1.7 ppm. That seems about right. CYA is 60 to 70. The sun is strong, but the pool is shaded.

There have been a couple of threads talking about "gain testing" overnight. Maybe I'll get curious and give that a try.

So would I buy this system if it hadn't been here already? I don't know. Some experienced people here don't like Jandy cells because they fail by corroding in a certain way. But we're in the 3rd summer with no significant problems, knock on wood. Otoh, the parts seem expensive. The sensor is now $300 from the same source. Replacement cells go for minimum $700.

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
I'm not going to be a great source as we've owned the pool only for the last 2 of its 14 years. The AquaPure was there when we moved in, not working. Can't tell the age, but it looks old. I fixed it by replacing the sensor and wiring for ~$200.

After that all good except each spring I get an error code about insufficient reverse current the first time it's used. (The pool runs all winter with the cell at 0%.) Resetting once or twice makes that go away. I have only guesses as to why.

Remote percent setting is simple and reliable via the "Web" interface in the app.

The 1400 spec is 1.25 lb/day. I can't verify that exactly, but it seems to be close. Using "a pound of chlorine is 1 ppm for 120k gallons," the 1.25 lb for a day works out to 120/20 * 1.25 = 7.5 for my pool. To keep it at 5 ppm, I'm actually running it for 11 hours at 50%. So it's 7.5 * 11/24 * .5 = 1.7 ppm. That seems about right. CYA is 60 to 70. The sun is strong, but the pool is shaded.

There have been a couple of threads talking about "gain testing" overnight. Maybe I'll get curious and give that a try.

So would I buy this system if it hadn't been here already? I don't know. Some experienced people here don't like Jandy cells because they fail by corroding in a certain way. But we're in the 3rd summer with no significant problems, knock on wood.
Thanks. Good feedback. I have been following the thread on gain testing as well. Seems like a good idea to do that once or maybe twice a year to monitor the cell performance. It could be predictive of cell failure, etc.

We have such a large number of contributors to the forum that the sample size would be great to compare performance of different models over time. Maybe someone is into data analytics (you can now get degrees in that science) that it would be an interesting project for a master's program using data from the contributors. Wishful thinking!!!

Since you stated you have a suction side cleaner, my view is that the manual valve on the suction side (the picture starting with 81FBD and manual valve circled in purple) controls the amount of suction for the cleaner. It is partial open for flow. if handle is Horizontal would be full open and vertical would be closed. The automated valve shown in the picture would control switching from Pool Mode to Spa Mode. Right now it shows it is in pool mode and the spa suction is OFF (note wording on handle).
Nice, appreciate you identifying the suction cleaner valve. This morning I played with it a bit and opened it up all the way and the cleaner went super fast. It's nice to know now because I can adjust it according to the schedule RPMs if I need to scale down or up accordingly. Is there any harm in closing it all the way?

You want that pump to turn on only if in Spa Mode. It was hard to see the inlet and outlet plumbing of that pump. You have a real tight set up. How do you turn on that booster pump?
The booster pump is assigned the Booster Pump function from the AUX menu. I have that Booster Pump assigned in the One Touch menu. I didn't realize what it was until a few weeks ago, it was a nice surprise because we were using the spa exclusively in heat mode for a couple months. It is an extremely tight fit. I busted my hand on the aquapure opening the booster pump lid. I added some silicone grease last night to the gaskets, hope that helps ease it in the future. Also, not looking forward to cleaning out the filters. I'm thinking about having a door added to that side to make it more manageable.

Picture starting with 90C and manual valve circled in orange, there are 2 pipes - the main one to the left must be your pool return jets and the pipe controlled by the manual valve must go to either the Baja bubbler or spa spillover. Do you have a dedicated return in the spa when in pool mode? That is a 2 way manual valve so it is either open or closed. It is shown closed. The automated valve in the picture (circled in blue) controls flow to pool or spa. It is shown open to pool mode and closed to spa. This valve and the suction side automated valve should turn simultaneously when switching from Pool Mode to Spa Mode.

I believe the return to the spa is shared between the pool. I felt a little bit of flow coming from one of the ports in the spa this morning, but it's faint compared to the pool at the same speed. I haven't found a way to disable the spillover/baja when the filter pump is on which is sort of an issue with balancing the Ph. Although, learning how to use the VSP through scheduling, I believe it can be controlled a lot better than it was before. Previous owner had the pump to run for 11 hours @ 2750 RPM so spillover was constantly running. Sounds nice, but expensive ~1kw, according to the app.

This morning when I went to check the SWG, the aqualink RS chlorination display glitched. The app showed Aquapure was active, RPMS, normal operation. I tried raising pump speed, then shutting the breaker off and back on again, quickly. That didn't fix it. I then shut it down for about a minute and booted it back up and everything was fine after that. Attaching a pic. Have you seen that before? I figured that it may have been a fluke given I've been messing with app constantly and the software isn't exactly flawless.

I contacted Jandy and pointed it out and the reply was - that is a future upgrade, but no timeframe given. So, to schedule multiple days of the same device - you have to set a schedule for M, then another for W and another for F. So that is 3 separate line items - one for each day.
I was going to ask about multiple schedules. I would like a schedule for different seasons, bather load, etc. I hope an upgrade would solve that. I was thinking of asking if anyone has tapped into the API/code to swap out schedules easily because the interface is terrible if you need to redo the schedule for a particular event.

I'm not going to be a great source as we've owned the pool only for the last 2 of its 14 years. The AquaPure was there when we moved in, not working. Can't tell the age, but it looks old. I fixed it by replacing the sensor and wiring for ~$180.
Funny, ever since I moved in my Aquapure 1400 showed it needed service. It was bumped up to 90%. Last week I took out because It showed error code 120. It was CAKED on with calcium (see attached pic) and the sensor was a bit salty so I rubbed that with the rough side of kitchen sponge. I also performed the acid wash procure, almost taking the full 30 minutes for the calcium to dissolve. The error code and service light were cleared. I've since dialed it down to 40% and I'm getting readings of 4-5 PPM FC @ 22000 Gallons (~3600 ppm salinity). CYA is around 50ppm currently, still dialing that in. Sun hits the pool directly for around 10 hours of the day currently. There is also a SPA chlorination setting at 5%. I don't know if that matters. Anyone familiar with that?

I believe the Aquapure is 2 years old. It appears to have life left in it, the cells looked intact. Oversizing it was a good idea. I hope now with proper balance and maintenance that I will extend the life of the equipment.

I think I have to figure out if salt ever needs to be added again and when as part of chemical schedule. I haven't looked that up yet.

I would also like to give a shout out to @HermanTX. I'm so lucky I came across your post. It's definitely making the iAqualink upgrade a worthwhile investment.

Attachments

• F5A7A4A7-5966-40BA-9BBC-25AAB97EA8BB.jpeg
    F5A7A4A7-5966-40BA-9BBC-25AAB97EA8BB.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 195D2D72-5106-48CD-AB0A-3F09C19A499F.jpeg
    195D2D72-5106-48CD-AB0A-3F09C19A499F.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I was going to ask about multiple schedules. I would like a schedule for different seasons, bather load, etc. I hope an upgrade would solve that. I was thinking of asking if anyone has tapped into the API/code to swap out schedules easily because the interface is terrible if you need to redo the schedule for a particular event.
There is a capability for this. See Menu then Program Group. You can set up a different schedule and a start date.
See pictures.
Menu Display.PNGProgram Group Menu.PNG

Great that you figured out how to clean the cell and got it working.

With regard to resetting iAquaLink - I had to do it a couple of times.
Thanks for the shoutout - glad you have it all working.

I believe the return to the spa is shared between the pool. I felt a little bit of flow coming from one of the ports in the spa this morning, but it's faint compared to the pool at the same speed. I haven't found a way to disable the spillover/baja when the filter pump is on which is sort of an issue with balancing the Ph
There is a way to set up spillover on the iAqualink - it is a dipswitch. It is basically operated by having the automated valve on the suction set to Pool and the automated valve on the Return set to Spa. This way you have suction from the pool, flow only to the spa and the spa overflows back into the pool. If you set the dipswitch to activate this, then schedule Spillover only for 30 mins a day or so to chlorinate your spa and minimize pH increase with the overflow.

Now you also may have the issue I have. It is hard to tell in your pictures.

I have a permanent line going to the spa that is connected to my pool returns. It is connected underground so not accessible to modify. So, in Pool Mode the suction is from pool, the return is to the pool returns plus the 1 line to the spa. The spa fills to the overflow that goes into the pool. My only solution to stop that is to remove that spa return nozzle and plug it. I do not want to that because at times I do want the spa to overflow. It is a small overflow but can still cause my pH to rise.
When in Spa Mode - the suction is from the spa and the return is to the 6 spa jets - that pool return plumbed to the spa does not flow as it is connected only to the pool returns.

So, you might want to see how your pool return pipes are and if there is any tee before they go underground. Or maybe take some other pictures and post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.